Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Goki's Random TF Facts Discussion Thread

How a character dies isn't a random fact, it is an outright spoiler.

I've addressed your comment here.

Someone has PMed me asking for more information about my current sig information. I thought I'd answer it publicly here in case anyone else would like to know.

When Death's Head first encountered the Doctor, Death's Head became enlarged to nine metres in height - effectively making him Transformer-sized (big enough to go toe-to-toe with Galvatron, Rodimus Prime, Scourge, Cyclonus etc.). After his adventures with the Transformers, Death's Head was released into the Time Vortex where he collided with the Doctor's TARDIS forcing both of them to materialise. Death's Head attempted to attack the Doctor, but the Doctor managed to shrink Death's Head down to his original human size. The Doctor then launched Death's Head to Earth in the year 8162.

This occured in the Doctor Who Magazine story, "The Crossroads of Time" written by Simon Furman published April 1988. My signature shows the 10th Doctor, but it was the 7th Doctor who removed Death's Head from the Transformers' universe. I used an image of the 10th Doctor cos he's better looking.

Thanks for that Goktimus, now I gotta try to track down that Dr Who Magazine .

From this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zed
    Exactly, so they should take it seriously if the Decepticons had brains they would just use thier superior flight ability to swoop over the Autobots and carpet bomb them into oblivion, it's not like civillian or friendly fire casulties mean anything to a con.
    That's pretty much what happens in my toy play. My Autobots have to do whatever's necessary to either engage the Decepticons in the air or ground them and negate their aerial advantage (e.g.: anti-aircraft artillery, mid-air combat etc.)

Sure all that martial art stuff is good for hand to hand, but nothing beats having the biggest gun. and firing the biggest gun.
    Actually in real life guns absolutely CRAP all over martial arts and any form of melee combat! Having said that, guns are poor melee weapons - they're range weapons. Damn good range weapons. It's highly improbable that a melee fighter can get within melee range to even do anything to a gunman before they shoot them unless the gunman is grossly incompetent (i.e.: blind) or is out of ammunition (even then s/he can throw the firearm at you or use it as a clubbing/whipping weapon) - and many modern soldiers carry multiple firearms, so even if their primary weapon (e.g. machine gun) is out of ammo they can drop it and draw their secondary weapon (e.g.: pistol). There's a reason why nobody uses martial arts in warfare anymore.

A melee fighter would not have a hope in hell of defeating a jet fighter. But remember that Jet Judo is an Autobot martial art - used by a highly durable super robot... and even then, it is only a melee combat technique... the practitioner must still get within melee range of the Decepticon jet in order to execute the technique, which is really difficult because a Decepticon would naturally try to easily outmanoeuvre and shoot you down. Even then, the entire point of submission fighting is to ground your opponent - something immensely more difficult to achieve when your opponent is 10km off the ground!

Jet Judo appears to be a bloody hard technique to pull off with minimal chance of success. If you look at the way Sunstreaker and Sideswipe do it in "Roll For It", they pretty much fail. Skywarp and Thundercracker manage to get them off leaving them to parachute back down to Earth.

I've been making my Henkei Lambor and Sunstreaker do some Jet Judo with my Classics/Henkei/Universe jets... Lambor can close in on the jets easily enough because of his rockets... for Sunstreaker it's more of a challenge. But once they get in grappling range it becomes a cross between wrestling and riding a wild bull.

I hardly meant to imply that firearms were more usefull in hand to hand, rather that with adequate firearms there's more often than not no need for hand to hand. Your reply pretty much just reinforces what I was talking about the Decepticons natural advantage over the Autobots.

I'm highly skeptical of the exsistance of Jet Judo as I have only ever heard of it one episode and it sounded like a flippant remark to me. Not least of all as its compsed of 2 earth words unlike most of the other known Cybertronian martial arts.

I suspect if there is a Jet Judo then majority of the practioners enjoy only very short lifespans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed
    I suspect if there is a Jet Judo then majority of the practioners enjoy only very short lifespans.
    Like those dudes who jump out of aircraft to net dragons in Reign of Fire.

It's a pretty crap martial art with bugger all chances of success, but it's there.

Not least of all as its compsed of 2 earth words unlike most of the other known Cybertronian martial arts.
    Cyber-Ninjitsu. (re: Transformers Animated)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I'm highly skeptical of the exsistance of Jet Judo as I have only ever heard of it one episode and it sounded like a flippant remark to me. Not least of all as its compsed of 2 earth words unlike most of the other known Cybertronian martial arts.
    plus 10000 and considering Sunstreaker said it, i think, he probably would like to be credited as its inventor, Sensei Sunstreaker

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Cyber-Ninjitsu. (re: Transformers Animated)
    Ugh that's even more corny than Jet Judo, this is why I don't watch Animated.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    plus 10000 and considering Sunstreaker said it, i think, he probably would like to be credited as its inventor, Sensei Sunstreaker
    Wow a mural artist, an elite warrior of the Autobots and now the founder of a cybertronian martial art no wonder he's so full of himself.

As you all can see on my current sig, TakaraTOMY have made a mistake on their official Encore page and labelled Trailbreaker as "Hoist" and Hoist as "Trailbreaker." I wonder how long this'll last before someone at TakaraTOMY notices. Because the mistake is in English I'm betting that most staff members and visitors to the site would ignore it, because Japanese people don't pay attention to anything that's written in English. It's purely done to make it look exotic, and to be fair, a lot of people in Australia walk around with nonsensical Japanese and Chinese writing (and sometimes scribble that is meant to look like Asian script but is just nonsense) on clothes and tattoos. Heh.

eject is not a sports nut and melbourne victory is the best