CODE RED
Series - Transformers
Sub-line - Collaborative (Stranger Things x Transformers)
Size/class - Leader
New/remould/redeco - new
Wave - N/A
Released here - ?? (2023)
Approximate Retail Price - $90
Approximate Size - 17cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Toyota Vanagon
Main Features/Gimmicks - pizza box and roof light combine into blaster
Main Colours - pale yellow and grey with black and blue accents with silver head
Main Accessories - axe, bat, roof light/blaster, pizza box, blast effect

Disclaimer: I've never watched Stranger Things, so any references to the show have gone over my head and won't be mentioned in this review. I'm just reviewing this toy on its own merit as an action figure.

Warning: This review thread contains references and images of pineapple on pizza. May cause distress to viewers of Italian heritage or who just have taste in pizze.

Box with external cover slip that has a fake voucher

The actual box inside straight up resembles a pizza box.

Vehicle mode is a pizza delivery van. The VW Vanagon is also classified as a microbus, and yes, that is why I got this toy. Cos I'm a sucker for bus Transformers. And I'll take minibuses, thank you very much.

Rear view

Without roof display

Robot mode with blasted mounted on shoulder and holding melee weapons

Robot mode holding blaster with melee weapons on the back

Blast effect piece can also be attached to the axe and club, because why not?

Unfortunately Code Red can't actually hold the pizza box, and it cannot attach anywhere on the robot mode.

The pizza box can be attached to the side of the axe head.

Or to the side of the club. It's a thing you can do if you want to do it.

OVERALL: Much like Studio Series 86 Ironhide and Ratchet, this toy is quite clever in its engineering. At first glance you might mistake it for being a retool of SS86 Ratchethide, but this is indeed an original mould. I love how this toy looks and feels like a Transformer. The robot mode, at least to me, doesn't look like it's trying to imitate a person or monster like the Star Wars and Marvel Crossover TFs or Draculus etc. And it has a nice range of colours with the silver head and grey arms/upper legs with black waist and fists all helping to break up the pale yellow from the vehicle mode.

I have no knowledge of Stranger Things, but I really like Code Red as a Transformer in its own right. The name makes no sense to me, but I'm guessing that's another Stranger Things reference. I am really enjoying this toy. The price is quite expensive for what it is though, so in answer to the poll question of "Worth buying?" I would have to say that, due to the hefty price, only if you really want this toy or can find it at a cheap price. Because otherwise SS86 Ironhide and Ratchet are pretty much going to give you the same play value at much cheaper prices, despite being entirely different moulds.