Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: HASLAB Car Robots God Fire Convoy/RID Omega Prime announced for "Fall" 2025 Delivery

Better be a place holder.
    This is the first Haslab I actually want.

I emailed EB Games and got this reply (but I have found the responses from their customer services team unhelpful in the past).

"Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your interest in our products. We would like to inform you that the price of this particular item has been determined through negotiations between Hasbro and our company in order to facilitate its importation into Australia. Although the cost may seem high, it includes all the expenses associated with bringing such a large item to our customers in Australia. It is important to note that the price is not simply a direct conversion from the initial price in US dollars to Australian dollars. There are various factors involved in the process of bringing this item to Australia."

Yet Deathsaurus, Star Saber and Unicron weren't hundreds of dollars more...

Guess i am going through a friend in the US unless they come to their senses

I do not think that email person knows what they are talking about or cannot say something that might then get screenshotted and get customer service swarmed with requests for the correctly priced Omega Prime. YI could be proven wrong soon but even without the secondhand comment from a manager we have looked at other high-cost items at EB be $750 for a few weeks before being lowered

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    I do not think that email person knows what they are talking about or cannot say something that might then get screenshotted and get customer service swarmed with requests for the correctly priced Omega Prime. YI could be proven wrong soon but even without the secondhand comment from a manager we have looked at other high-cost items at EB be $750 for a few weeks before being lowered
    Yeah, if my local manager is right the price should drop and it's good to go. If he's wrong, well I know Hasbro Pulse in America takes my credit card. Then I just got to ask someone in America to forward it to me.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    I emailed EB Games and got this reply (but I have found the responses from their customer services team unhelpful in the past).

"Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your interest in our products. We would like to inform you that the price of this particular item has been determined through negotiations between Hasbro and our company in order to facilitate its importation into Australia. Although the cost may seem high, it includes all the expenses associated with bringing such a large item to our customers in Australia. It is important to note that the price is not simply a direct conversion from the initial price in US dollars to Australian dollars. There are various factors involved in the process of bringing this item to Australia."
    Let's take this at face value for the sake of argument.

This means that they are charging AUD $400 for the mere fact of providing it in the first place. They will allege that this is somehow the cost of importing and delivering.

I ordered Mattel's Eternia playset, and I paid USD $200 (~AUD $300) for the privilege of having it posted directly to me from the eastern US. That thing is massive, and this amount will cover any and all costs and duties that may apply (I think they're pocketing the money, but anyway...). That's AUD $100 less than EB/Hasbro wants to charge for this, which will be comparitively tiny (and we know what rough size it will be, having just received Deathsaurus), and which we will (mostly) pick up from a local store.

It cannot be justified, no matter how you spin it. Either someone at Hasbro has lost their tiny little mind, or someone at EB has made in incredible error. Either way, it is complete bullshit.
    Last edited by JJJ; 31st January 2024 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Let's take this at face value for the sake of argument.

This means that they are charging AUD $400 for the mere fact of providing it in the first place. They will allege that this is somehow the cost of importing and delivering.

I ordered Mattel's Eternia playset, and I paid USD $200 (~AUD $300) for the privilege of having it posted directly to me from the eastern US. That thing is massive, and this amount will cover any and all costs and duties that may apply (I think they're pocketing the money, but anyway...). That's AUD $100 less than EB/Hasbro wants to charge for this, which will be comparitively tiny (and we know what rough size it will be, having just received Deathsaurus), and which we will (mostly) pick up from a local store.

It cannot be justified, no matter how you spin it. Either someone at Hasbro has lost their tiny little mind, or someone at EB has made in incredible error. Either way, it is complete bullshit.
    Their argument of having to pay import fees is BS also. They are not buying them from Hasbro in America or something like that. They are buying from Hasbro Australia. Hasbro Australia is the importer, not EB Games. Knowing how much stuff we sell at work that is from Hasbro and how many cartons we get in every day from them, the import fees on a low-run product that will be coming with every other Hasbro product aren't going to add much money at all. Not to mention the US puts it's own tariffs and import fees on items companies bring through US ports.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

While I’m disappointed that it’s not a character or toy I would like (taking up a Haslsb production slot that by rights ought to have been Primus), happy for you RID fans. Evidently it’s popular with over 4.5k backers on day one
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I would really want this figure (I cancelled my order for the reissue from a few years ago due to the quality control issues), but not for $750. Hopefully it does get updated to a more reasonable price.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

I pointed out the costs disparity compared to the other HasLab items and the same email customer service rep said this - happy to be wrong (I hope they're wrong!) But just an FYI:

unable to escalate this issue any further. As a business, we have set the price for bringing this item into the country in collaboration with Hasbro. We understand that customers may be disappointed with the price, but it is the only offer available to ensure the availability of this item in Australia.