Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: HASLAB Car Robots God Fire Convoy/RID Omega Prime announced for "Fall" 2025 Delivery

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Does anyone know how to ask Hasbro Australia about this price, seeing as EB is apparently putting all the blame on them?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Does anyone know how to ask Hasbro Australia about this price, seeing as EB is apparently putting all the blame on them?
    I've already emailed them. https://hasbro-new.custhelp.com/app/ask

The email does seem to go to a dedicated Hasbro Australia help desk email. So hopefully Hasbro Australia will get the message we are not happy if enough people email them.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I would seriously advise anyone to cancel all their preorders they have with EB games and even their membership. I'm ditching my Level 4 membership with them.

Quote Originally Posted by popculturepooka View Post
    I would seriously advise anyone to cancel all their preorders they have with EB games and even their membership. I'm ditching my Level 4 membership with them.
    I'm pretty sure EB Games will be shutting down my store soon. There's pretty much nobody going in there anymore. And why would they? Physical game sales are falling yearly in favour of digital game sales and their toys and collectibles are more expensive than other retailers with the same product. Locally they are lucky at the moment that Big W and Harvey Norman are the only other stores that sell game hardware here. Also, people are willing to drive an hour and a half to the nearest JB HiFi if they have to.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I've already emailed them. https://hasbro-new.custhelp.com/app/ask

The email does seem to go to a dedicated Hasbro Australia help desk email. So hopefully Hasbro Australia will get the message we are not happy if enough people email them.
    I've also emailed Hasbro - will update when/if there is a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm pretty sure EB Games will be shutting down my store soon. There's pretty much nobody going in there anymore. And why would they? Physical game sales are falling yearly in favour of digital game sales and their toys and collectibles are more expensive than other retailers with the same product. Locally they are lucky at the moment that Big W and Harvey Norman are the only other stores that sell game hardware here. Also, people are willing to drive an hour and a half to the nearest JB HiFi if they have to.
    I had no idea Harvey Norman even sold gaming hardware anymore but it has been a long time since i went in there. EB Games and Zing really are relying on parents and people who don’t know better for their sales, a prime example was my mum bought legacy Skullgrin at $30 because it seemed like a good price with all the stickers and it was originally $40?
    Meanwhile if you go to big w, amazon, jbhifi etc they are shelfwarming and probably cheaper. But people don’t know that and a store like Zing has to have good prices right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    I emailed EB Games and got this reply (but I have found the responses from their customer services team unhelpful in the past).

"Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your interest in our products. We would like to inform you that the price of this particular item has been determined through negotiations between Hasbro and our company in order to facilitate its importation into Australia. Although the cost may seem high, it includes all the expenses associated with bringing such a large item to our customers in Australia. It is important to note that the price is not simply a direct conversion from the initial price in US dollars to Australian dollars. There are various factors involved in the process of bringing this item to Australia."
    Whoever negotiated that deal needs to be fired. So incompetent.
    Last edited by Ottomatic Transporter; 2nd February 2024 at 12:30 PM.

Out of curiosity, what kind of price would people be willing to pay for this? I'm not super-keen on it myself, but I'm sort of interested in what people's cut-off point is.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Were I interested in these toys, I'd be willing to pay a strict currency conversion and then a reasonable percentage on top (because I do understand that EB is paying full price for Haslab items to Hasbro, and they have costs associated with being the middle-man).

So, USD $250 is around AUD $380 right now. 10% on top becomes $418, 20% becomes $456. I don't know that the higher figure seems justified. The lower I don't think I have a problem with. So perhaps something in between.

Of course, it's only when when put as 20% instead of $76 that I don't like it - seems I didn't have a problem with Deathsaurus' markup, which works out to have been around 36% - was AUD $368, but USD $180 converts to around AUD $270. But at the time, while I knew it had a markup, I couldn't be bothered working out just what percentage it was.

So perhaps I'd be willing to pay up to around $500 after all

When I saw the $250 USD price tag I assumed it would be around $450 to $500.

Given I have the originals I'm not super rushing to place an order at that price. Were it $400 we'd be having a different conversation.

$550 is probably my cutoff in terms of general acceptability.