Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: HASLAB Car Robots God Fire Convoy/RID Omega Prime announced for "Fall" 2025 Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194
    I emailed EB Games and got this reply (but I have found the responses from their customer services team unhelpful in the past).

"Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your interest in our products. We would like to inform you that the price of this particular item has been determined through negotiations between Hasbro and our company in order to facilitate its importation into Australia. Although the cost may seem high, it includes all the expenses associated with bringing such a large item to our customers in Australia. It is important to note that the price is not simply a direct conversion from the initial price in US dollars to Australian dollars. There are various factors involved in the process of bringing this item to Australia."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Further update from EB after I pointed out that the NZ price was cheaper than AU even though it's the same company:

"Regrettably, we are unable to lower the pricing for our AU listing. The pricing for our NZ counterparts has been established by the NZ team in charge of sourcing items for our New Zealand customers. It is important to note that this is separate from our AU team, which handles our collectibles."
    A further update (I have already ordered from Sugo) from Hasbro in response to my question re EB Games price (including the difference between AU and NZ):

'Thank you for contacting us regarding Transformers: Legacy Robots in Disguise 2001 Omega Prime. Please note that Hasbro has no control over the pricing of any product sold by retailers, either in-store or online. The final price of any product is solely at the discretion of the retailer.'

������*♂️

AKA - we're too busy to deal with this. Somebody F'd up, but neither of us are willing to admit it or take responsibility for it.

'Thank you for contacting us regarding Transformers: Legacy Robots in Disguise 2001 Omega Prime. Please note that Hasbro has no control over the pricing of any product sold by retailers, either in-store or online. The final price of any product is solely at the discretion of the retailer.'
    I got the exact same message early this morning, word for word. My educated guess would be they had a bunch of complaints about this and sent out identical replies to everyone at the exact same time.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

A further update (I have already ordered from Sugo) from Hasbro in response to my question re EB Games price (including the difference between AU and NZ):

🤷*♂️
    screw them both.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Well, you might purchase directly from Hasbro Pulse and use a mail forwarder. You'll get an international credit card fee (trivial) and then postage from the US (non-trivial), but it'll still be a damned sight less than through EB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yeah, this is what I'm doing and I've already backed two on Hasbro Pulse.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yeah. I really don't feel like dealing with parcel forwarding.
    I'm considering mail forwarding, but have never done it before. In particular, I'm worried about ongoing cost because it will be at least a year until Omega Prime actually ships. Has anyone else actually used it, and what has your experience been like?

Maybe I'm encouraging someone to take on a risk for me, but if someone was willing to try backing five units (the maximum on Hasbro Pulse) as a group order, I would be willing to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I don't think many people see it like that. I know I certainly don't. The only things I've bought from EB since other places started stock fan-channel stuff have been Haslabs.

And really, I don't think too many people upset about this Haslab are upset enough to make a several-hundred dollar experiment with parcel-forwarding. So either they'll buy from EB, or not buy at all. The people here who are doing research and making plans are outliers.
    I was hoping for a best-case scenario where Hasbro sees a slow uptake on Zing and lowers their asking price accordingly. In the meantime, I am tempted to take up Sugo Toys' offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I'm considering mail forwarding, but have never done it before. In particular, I'm worried about ongoing cost because it will be at least a year until Omega Prime actually ships. Has anyone else actually used it, and what has your experience been like?

Maybe I'm encouraging someone to take on a risk for me, but if someone was willing to try backing five units (the maximum on Hasbro Pulse) as a group order, I would be willing to contribute.

I was hoping for a best-case scenario where Hasbro sees a slow uptake on Zing and lowers their asking price accordingly. In the meantime, I am tempted to take up Sugo Toys' offer.
    The big problems with parcel forwarding some retailers will cancel your order if you use a parcel forwarder and also many parcel forwarders will treat your parcel poorly. Many parcel forwarders also open your package to "put it in a smaller box" to "save you money".
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottomatic Transporter View Post
    screw them both.
    Exactly this.

I've already handed in my EB Games membership, JB beats them on everything else.

And Studio Series Swoop, if it ever comes, will be my last Transformer. Already been losing interest in the toys for past few years and this has soured me enough to just say "Eff it" and throw all my collecting money to BeastBox, Zoids HMM and non toy stuff

Its 699.95 at sugo now. Guess I waited too long.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The big problems with parcel forwarding some retailers will cancel your order if you use a parcel forwarder and also many parcel forwarders will treat your parcel poorly. Many parcel forwarders also open your package to "put it in a smaller box" to "save you money".
    I didn't realise that cancelling based on using a mail forwarder's address would be a thing, since I figured that a valid US address would be all that was needed and the order would be placed 'care of' the forwarder. I also thought that the forwarder opening a package would be an option, since it was described as such on some pages.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    It�s 699.95 at sugo now. Guess I waited too long.
    I've only ordered from Sugo Toys once, but had a good experience and would order from them again. I thought that the $50 discount would end in March as per the description from an earlier version of the page, which is why I was also hesitating to order while I weighed up my options.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I didn't realise that cancelling based on using a mail forwarder's address would be a thing, since I figured that a valid US address would be all that was needed and the order would be placed 'care of' the forwarder. I also thought that the forwarder opening a package would be an option, since it was described as such on some pages.
    I believe Target US is the one that has the worst reputation for cancelling items if the address is for a mail forwarder. I have used a mail forwarder with Hasbro Pulse in the past. But as the disclaimer on financial services ads says, past success is not a guarantee of future success.

And yeah, I have never selected the option to allow parcel forwarders to open my parcel. But that doesn't mean they won't. I've been left wondering why the hell they opened my parcel on a couple of occasions.

16 hours to go on HasLab but Ebgames/ZING no longer have the project listed?