Thread: TakaraTomy Transformers 40th Anniversary site up

Default TakaraTomy Transformers 40th Anniversary site up

Takatom updated their site with a new section hinting at a push towards celebrating 40 years of TFs.

https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/tf40th/
    Machine translated blurb, because I am busy with other things at the moment:
    Dear all Transformers fans

Transformers" is the result of a 40-year partnership between TOMY and HASBRO, Inc.
    Ltd. and HASBRO, Inc. have created a rare character and numerous products that are loved by fans around the world.
    Since the birth of Optimus Prime (Convoy), who transforms from a vehicle into a robot in 1984,
    Transformers" has evolved into a global brand.

Thanks to your support, "Transformers" will celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2024.
    We would like to thank you for your support of Transformers over the years,
    Transformers team would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support over the years.
    On the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the birth of "Transformers,
    TOMY is committed to continuing and developing the "Transformers" tradition.

We will continue to communicate with the fans who have spent 40 years with us,
    We will continue to communicate with the fans who have shared 40 years of "Transformers" history with us, and we will cherish "YOUR ORIGIN" as the starting point for each and every one of them,
    On the occasion of the 40th anniversary, we hope that all generations will unite and transform into "OUR ORIGIN" and
    and transform ourselves into "OUR ORIGIN" to connect with even greater power,
    We hope that we can continue to move forward together with our fans.

All the Transformers Team at TOMY Company, Ltd.
    There's a video on youtube and some blurb. It pushes The missinglink series, but hasn'T mentioned anything new, something to do with Beast Wars, and says there'll be collabortations with other companies.

Following their twittaz, the first announced collab is for some jackets, which I thought looked cool, so I thought I would check them out. But they are very expensive (94,600Y) and don't seem to ship out of Japan.
    The site only has a listing for the Dinobots Jacket, but their tweet has a picture of a devastator version.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFJoDC8b...pg&name=medium

Curious to know what else they'll plonk up. Would like to grab myself a new TF coffee mug for work.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thanks.

As you can read and translate Japanese, is there anything you've seen that explicitly states that Missing Link will be more than just the two versions of Optimus Prime we've been shown? I've asked on TFW2005 a couple of times, but all I can get is broad generalisations that the advertising material refers to Missing Link as a line, and so that means more toys, trust me.

The video released yesterday is a perfect example - people are saying that it promises more Missing Link toys, but the English text simply mentions it as one of the things Takara Tomy is doing as part of the 40th anniversary year. And when I asked, all I got was the same generalisations.

What I would like is something specific, something concrete. Something like "it says there that 'Missing Link Convoy is just the first of the line'", or "this one says 'further Missing Link toys to be revealed in April'", if you get the idea of what I'm after. Has there been anything like that? Because I can easily see ML being a line of only two toys, given the focus Convoy gets.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    As you can read and translate Japanese, is there anything you've seen that explicitly states that Missing Link will be more than just the two versions of Optimus Prime we've been shown?
    That 40th site doesn't have any mention of any new missing link figures. It does say the missing link is part of the 20th anniversary celebration, and it refers to the Convoy release (only the convoy release).
    They mention new MPs and MPG (which must be the recolour raiden) and cartoons being uploaded to youtube. (yay?)

I too am sceptical of missing link being a line of more than just toy and anime convoy TBH. TT seem to like making up a new category for single things.

All the snazz of the release info and it doesn't really say anything interesting at all.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I too am sceptical of missing link being a line of more than just toy and anime convoy TBH. TT seem to like making up a new category for single things.
    Thank you again. The bolded part is something I've gathered about TT recently, and it was what was nagging at me. That and the way I could never get anyone to give specific and explicit translations, just something generalised and with a heaping of their opinion and hopes on top.

They haven't updated their site (typical), but I spied a Tweet about some more collborational products.

Super Groupies have made some watches, wallets and jacket things based on Optimus, Bumblebee and Megatron.

AS much as I am interested in these things, the pricing is a bit too much. Again.