Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen this!!! (whitening yellowed plastics)

Kup:

I dissassembled him to as much as I could, BUt not up to the tires. Ive soaked him overnight now (thanks goodness it was sunny yesterday) Ive checked him and he is quite white now, but not as white as Id like it to be just yet so I left hom soaking still, well some parts only. Ive also added my Action master Megs. I bought the H2O2 from the chemist near my place. couldnt be bothered to go to Blacktown for it. Works like a charm IMO. But so far with the colored bits of fistfight ( Action master Soundwave droid companion) its done little for the yellowing. Oh and so far there is no damage I can tell/feel/ see on the rubber tires.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Okay so heres a pic now of my RiD Prowl. The whitening process has unfortunately whitened the autobot symbol as well, oh well that can be fixed with a little sticker anyways, Still not as white as I would like it, in real life ( doesnt show it in pics much) the yellowing is ever, ever so lightly traceable on scrutiny and some of the parts whiteness dont match each other, but hey it better, waaaaaaay better than it was before.

BEFORE

AFTER

Will post megs next once he's boiled off his yellowing to a degree Im agreeable with.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Neil, I can fix you up with a Autobot logo. Remind me before next meet (or whatever).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Neil, I can fix you up with a Autobot logo. Remind me before next meet (or whatever).
    Thanks!! 't would be an opportunity to bring RiD Prowl so everyone interested on how it went can view personally.

wow the looks heaps better lieger im impressed

Congratulations, Neil! That is impressive. If you leave it in the Hydrogen Paroxide a few more days, would that whiten it up even more?

I am leaving Dogfight submerged a little longer as today doesn't count as it was mostly cloudy.

It probably would have whitened a bit more than it did, but Im a bit impatient. Actionmaster Megatron is back to his bone creamy white goodness, but his left arm and head needs a tad bit more soaking ( I just his whole body in). Unfortunately I would need a bit of repainting for his hands & hips as the purple cloring of these parts have started to whiten as well. Small price to pay to have it back to almost its pre yellowing goodness. Right now Actionmaster Shockwave is in the bath for overnight, hopefully its a sunny day tomorrow.

I'm a member of the tf.net. I read it, but thought that every one would have seen and knew of this method. Thats whay i never posted it. Also. I don't much like mixing forums all that much. It confuses me lol...

Good News from the colored plastic front!

After leaving it for two days and one morning there has been considerable improvement on Dogfight. Almost all of his parts are now yellow free and the only one still showing discoloration are his legs (back of jet) but even so, its probably subtle enough not to appear on a photo.

I am going to leave that part in the Jar for a day or so more in case its possible to get rid of what remains of the yellowing but even if it doesn't, it is a considerable improvement!

What do you guys think?

Before

After

Last edited by kup; 23rd February 2010 at 09:45 AM.