Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen this!!! (whitening yellowed plastics)

Note on the 'before' pics since the Camera flash masks a lot of the discoloration:

- The light blue on the body and tailfin was actually a light creamy green
    - The dark blue was a very dark green (almost army), particualrly the legs and front back of jet.

The after pics are pretty accurate however.

Here's an update on Megs and Shockwave. When they first arrived - Megs is really dissapointingly yellow and Shock is like grey.

Before

After

Megs came out pretty good, although his left arm and head still needs a bit of soaking , meh i can live with it for now.

Shockwave isnt as purple as he used to be yet, but I didnt wanna overdo it so I just took him out after a day in soaking.
    note: photo's taken without flash

here's what megs looked like when in the bottle

Id prolly be looking for a bigger bottle since my bottle wont fit Hungurr, preferably with a glass lid as well so that there be no shadows castneeding more time in the soaking solution.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

That's fantastic results Liege!

I particularly like how your Action Master 'Shakwave' turned back to 'Shockwave!'

I pulled my toys apart before placing them in, that way I don't have to soak parts that I don't have to and can concentrate on a piece at a time. It seems that the more pieces the slower the process and the side that faces the sun, is also the more succesful. Because I am now doing a piece or two at a time, the Jar is more than enough even for large toys such as Galvatron.

Would need to fill a bath tub to soak Fortress Maximus.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Would need to fill a bath tub to soak Fortress Maximus.
    Not if you disassemble him

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Not if you disassemble him
    Uhm no! Thank goodness my Brave Max isnt yellowing. Id hate to do that, plus the fact that I wont be able to put it back the way it was. Im still sticking to my plan of a wider jar for Hungurr as im soaking him ... whole, couldnt be bothered to dismantle him
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'm going to do my Fort Max chest piece. Can you guys details what you bought? And did you just eye the 30% mix? How did you achieve this locally?

Jay,

Just buy in my your local chemist. Me I bought

1 bottle of 400ml Hydrogen Peroxide - 10 volume 3% w/v (brand: Gold Cross, there was no other brand they were selling )

and that's basically it. Well, you may wanna find a big glass jar with a lid so it can accommodate big pieces for soaking. Other than that all you need is a sunny location in your property and lots of sun.

The peroxide is reuseable just keep the bottle lidded as since your basically exposing it under sunlight some evaporation does occur but the lid keeps it all back in.

Thanks Liege. So you used it straight out of the bottle? No diluting/mixing?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Thanks Liege. So you used it straight out of the bottle? No diluting/mixing?
    It's already heavily diluted compared to the one that Catilla originally used, that is why we have to keep the toys soaking for much longer but it is equally as effective.

Short answer, no. Use the liquid as it is out of the bottle but you may need more of it and a large enough clear glass jar depending on the size of the parts/toys.