Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

Default Battlestar Galactica

I thought i'd start up a thread for the new show, mainly because i am a huge fan and would love to talk to others that feel the same way.

me great fan too...i was reading in TCC forum that someone was suggesting to have these combined with Transformers too. :P

i love No. 8 alot!!...haha

I assume were talking the new reimagined Battlestar, and not the 70's version?

I'm a fan, though I find the series to have really slow patches, intermingled with really intense awesome episodes, my favourtes so far are the triloligy of episodes when the Pegasus turns up, and the exodus from New Caprica and follow up, although afterwards my interest floundered a bit. The forthcomming final series will determine wether I add the series to my parthenon of ulitmate scifi shows like Babylon 5, or the mediocre earthbound levels of scifi comprised of shows like Enterprise. Either way it was worth the watch.

I am a fan of the new Battlestar Galactica series, I very much enjoyed Seasons 1 and 2. I consider it to be one the best Sci-Fi series in recent years although the end of Season 3 left with a 'What the hell just happened?!?' moment that kind of killed my viewer absorption of the plot as it very much broke the pace and flow of the series by adding a spontaneously radical character/plot twist without any story build up. Although it shocked me in a bad way, I did not go nuts over it like other fans on the net who were getting all worked up about it claiming that they won't watch the next season because the series has been wrecked.

I don't necessarily think its wrecked, I will watch the next Season to see if this plot twist is properly resolved, like Zed, I am depending on the next season to make up my mind if this was just another Sci-Fi series or one of the greatest.

BTW: I am also a Big fan of Babylon 5.
    ________
    Babe spanish
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:54 PM.

I was following it too. Season 1 was good, 2 was good till after the New Caprica eps, 3 was really tedious at times tho, especially the second half. Razor was good tho. I'm looking forward to season 4.

Well i wasn't even aware that season 4 was happening, that is good news.

Currently scheduled to start April 4 in the US.

I usually wait for season to finish before watching the entire season in 1 or 2 hits tho. Those weekly cliffhangers get annoying.

I just saw Razor. It is a TV movie which chronicles what happened to the Pegasus berfore it met up with the Galactica. It also tells a parallel but connected story in the 'present' time (When Lee Adama is given command of the Pegasus)

Pretty good but it doesn't really add anything to what we saw in Season 3 so it seems that story will not be resolved until the body of Season 4 begins.
    ________
    Ford vx54 platform history
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Currently scheduled to start April 4 in the US.

I usually wait for season to finish before watching the entire season in 1 or 2 hits tho. Those weekly cliffhangers get annoying.
    Oh good, last time i went online they were unsure if it was going to be done.
    I bought Season 3 as soon as it came out but i am watching it slowly because i don't want it to end.....

Where did you get it from Kup?

I got Razor from Torrents like mininova (sorry I think that its against the forum policy to link it. Try googleling mininova)

It is mostly a prequel on the actions taken by the Pegasus before meeting up with the Galactica. It doesn't continue from the end of Season 3 and parts of the story are said to be a prelude to Season 4.

Season 4 is not due to come out until March, I think.
    ________
    HERB SCALES
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:58 PM.