Thread: A few new GI JOE 25th at TRU (including Snake Eyes wth Timber)

Default A few new GI JOE 25th at TRU (including Snake Eyes wth Timber)

For those interested in the GI Joe 25th anniversary line, it seems TRU have released a few more figures. You've probably noticed they've released those ugly larger doll figures, but I've also spotted a few new smaller figures including Snake Eyes (visor version), Destro (Iron grendiers version), Snow Job and Tiger Force Flint. I don't know wether this constitutes a whole wave but these figures weren't in the first wave TRU put on the shelf.

I seem to recall someone was after Snake Eyes with Timber, so here's a chance to get him.

When are the Combat Heroes hitting Australia , I want to displaythem with my henkeis hehe
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    For those interested in the GI Joe 25th anniversary line, it seems TRU have released a few more figures. You've probably noticed they've released those ugly larger doll figures, but I've also spotted a few new smaller figures including Snake Eyes (visor version), Destro (Iron grendiers version), Snow Job and Tiger Force Flint. I don't know wether this constitutes a whole wave but these figures weren't in the first wave TRU put on the shelf.

I seem to recall someone was after Snake Eyes with Timber, so here's a chance to get him.
    Twas i and i have acquired 2 of them

They have different cardbacks to the original wave 1 figures. No foil on the GI Joe logo & the 25th anniversary symbol in the top right hand corner is replaced with the comic style symbol.

I think they are classed as Wave 9.2 or 9.3

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Twas i and i have acquired 2 of them

They have different cardbacks to the original wave 1 figures. No foil on the GI Joe logo & the 25th anniversary symbol in the top right hand corner is replaced with the comic style symbol.

I think they are classed as Wave 9.2 or 9.3
    Yep there all from the later waves though they are not consisten with any of the US waves. I like the novel little box that says from the Comic/Cartoon or International edition. it fills me with hope that Toy's r Us will get more 25th aniversary figures, not much hope, but a little.

PS they've also released an even more cartoon accurate Snake Eyes in one of the new boxsets, fortunately I'm a comic fan though so the current one is enough.

Does anyone know if they are still avaliable in Aus?

I am trying to get them

Last time I saw them was in Brisbane
    back in Dec 08

I doubt it. Even 6+ months ago I could never find the ones I really wanted... now with Rise Of Cobra it's even more unlikely. I did check the clearance section of Chadstone TRU last time I was there but no dice.

I'd say that you can import them yourself for about $10 a figure if you get the right deal, bbts and some other online stores are trying to get rid of a lot of stock. I got the version 40 snake eyes w/timber for AU$15.00ppd new/ loose and if you like snake eyes that's the one to get.

I am planning to order from smalljoe.

I was in Hong Kong back in Feb. I managed to get the wave with Zartan and Roadblock v2.

It's very hard to get those figures if you are outside of US.

Roadblock V2 is on sale at Bigbad toystore As well as several others.

More poular Joes are more exspenisive.

Despite BBTS horrific shipping if you order Joes in bulk (IE a whole wave) they still work out to be a lot less than the local gougers.

Vehicles not so much.