Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: random Singapore toy news

When I was there in September I was amazed at just how many toys there where around -- stacks and waves of things. Nothing sadly that wouldn't be released in New Zealand though. I guess because the island is so small, and there are so many people importing that the only way to clear stocks is to sell cheap.

Since then the Singapore Dollar has gotten a lot stronger against the NZ (when I went it was 1-1) so while these deals seem good, they are not as good as September.

bah! useless relatives will never buy me stuff

everyones got international connections but me

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    The TF prices I've seen have so far been unbelievably good.

- nobody bothers to sell Classics. Henkeis are everywhere, even at retail shopping centres.
    - at CSC, all Henkei are A$20; Prime, Megatron, Skyfire are A$30
    - at CSC Encore Soundwave A$40
    - at CSC Encore Metroplex A$70 (at OG)
    Thanks HD! I'll benefit from this bit of info you shared.
    Noticed any MP seekers btw? store location? price?
    I also wonder how much does a universe deluxe (e.g. hound) sells there?

Quote Originally Posted by hanprimus View Post
    Going to SGP next year Jan, really can't wait, just afraid I don't have big enough luggage for all the goodies....wahaha
    Me too! Though it's just a one-day stopover around the city.

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    so whos going to bring me some encore goodness???
    May also be able to help dude (but don't put much hope on it) as hanprimus said

Quote Originally Posted by hanprimus View Post
    if it's not such a big item then shouldn't be a problem..but all depends on how much space...
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

If you have one day, I'd recommend going to CSC (ie: China Square Central) because it has the most dense concentration of toy shops.

Classics Hound and Cyclonus, I have only seen in Tangs (in Orchard road)- S$26 each. Other universe deluxes range from $24 to $29.90, depending on whether there's any sale.

MP Starscream (jap) = $65-$100 on average. As low as $60 is possible. Sold with Coronation set = $80
    MP Skywarp = $120
    MP Thundercracker/ Ultra Magnus/ Megatron = $120

(all in Singapore dollars, which is almost 1:1 with the AU $).
    Last edited by heroic_decepticon; 17th December 2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: grammar

someone should do a mass order and get the money (before you go) and then send it all back.

Quote Originally Posted by orionpax1 View Post
    someone should do a mass order and get the money (before you go) and then send it all back.
    BRILLIANT

neat idea, i have a list of secret shops if this goes ahead

I'm going to Singapore in March. I'll be on the hunt for Henkei Megs, Encore Ratchet / Ironhide and a whole bunch of other stuff. I'm taking an empty suitcase and I intend to fill it.

Well Im not asking for anything from you guys as it'll probably be too much baggage ( just from YOUR TFs hehehe) just for pictures lotsa them, Im a nut for looking at neato pics of the shops, their display stands, shelves full of TFs and all that! Pleeeeassse!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    If you have one day, I'd recommend going to CSC (ie: China Square Central) because it has the most dense concentration of toy shops.

Classics Hound and Cyclonus, I have only seen in Tangs (in Orchard road)- S$26 each. Other universe deluxes range from $24 to $29.90, depending on whether there's any sale.

MP Starscream (jap) = $65-$100 on average. As low as $60 is possible. Sold with Coronation set = $80
    MP Skywarp = $120
    MP Thundercracker/ Ultra Magnus/ Megatron = $120

(all in Singapore dollars, which is almost 1:1 with the AU $).
    LOVELY!!

Quote Originally Posted by orionpax1 View Post
    lol! much as I'd like to, I'm leaving soon in less than 48 hrs.
    Sorry I forgot to mention that my Singapore stopover is on my return flight back to Melb.
    Anyway, I'm serious on helping out (especially for the Melbourne group - coz I'm lazy sending post, only for cash pickup ), just PM me if anyone is interested. Though I could only accomodate limited number of smaller items and (sorry) no commitments attached.

Now, back to my packing...
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap