Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Encore Cassette reissues and Henkei Minibot sets!

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    I want Enemy
    There was one well actually 2 auctions that I spotted within the last 2 months - been telling Tober about it everytime. Its not so great a toy anyway, the Op mask is better.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    There was one well actually 2 auctions that I spotted within the last 2 months - been telling Tober about it everytime. Its not so great a toy anyway, the Op mask is better.
    if you see it super cheap, you buy it for me and i send pennies via air internet

mm i want this right now. Gimme.
    Last edited by 1orion2many; 19th December 2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    Sigh, rumble/frenzy mold has been proliferating the KO market, couldnt they retro mold it perhaps? The KOers seem to be able to do it, why not HAsTAkTom Themselves, theyve got nothing to loose as buyers want the real toy not KO's. So its a good investment AFAIK.
    Because it's an extremely expensive thing for TakaraTOMY to do. Takara reported that reissuing Convoy was hideously expensive because they'd lost the moulds for the arms and they had to be reconstructed from scratch. Apparently doing that alone cost Takara an arm and a leg (no pun intended!). Now with a toy like Convoy they could get away with it - and on top of that look at the number of times Takara have milked that mould... that's got to be the single most reissued Transformer of all freakin' time.

As for why it's so much more expensive for Takara(TOMY), I suspect that it would include reasons such as:
    + Higher quality/standards
    + Legal fees (e.g. licensing et al.)
    + Marketing fees
    ...there would be a whole bunch of factors in legally reproducing a Transformer that bootleggers would overlook - hence why KOs are so evil, aside from the intellectual theft it's such an unfair form of competition because they're exempt from so many costs that legit companies are bound by. As Eric Siebernaler explained, when developing a Transformer every minute detail is budgeted for, right down to every last drop of paint.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    I would want to see is a reissue of the japanese exclusive tapes - the 4 autobot dinosaurs, Noizy, Graphi, Sauru and forgot the last one's name, anyways, that would seriously put down an end to that ridiculously overpriced bidding thats going on whenever these guys are up on ebay. Plus the fact that these are the only tapes I have left to collect.
    I personally don't care about those tapes - it's not as if they really did anything noteworthy in G1 canon that I care about (can't even remember them ever appearing off hand). If they reissued them I'd quickly grab them for sure - but if they don't I'm not going to actively seek them out.

It was the same with Ginrai, Stepper, Soundblaster, Twincast, Star Convoy etc. - I got these reissues just because they were there. I wouldn't have bought these toys if they'd never been reissued.

Well Im not actively seeking them out ( dinotapes) as well, it's more of so I can finally own one ( in a very cheaper price).

Prolly why they keep reissuing the Prime mold even if its getting pink coloring is indeed to make up for the arm and leg it cost them.

Quality wise, well there's a questionable thing now gok. As Ive noticed that the plastic quality they use now for the newer reissues ( encore) are kinda KOish in quality. Ive recently bought the seeker 2pack ( as well as Encore Screamer) and the feel of the plastic compared to just a recent reissue booktype (hasbro though) seeker is well, it just feels cheaper. The gloss aint there, the places where the sprue cuts are visible, plastic weighs lighter. Mebbe its just me, but the later reissues are getting KOer and KOer in QC.

Hopefully these cassettrons dont suffer from that cheap KO plastic feel coz theres not much plastic to use on em, and if they break easy due to the poor plastic, well, its not a pretty pic.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

yeah, I agree that the later reissues are suffering from poorer and poorer quality, even when compared with the earlier reissues.

It would be great to get these casettes even if it was just for the freshness and newness. They'll probably be cheap like the mini-bot set, just cant beat the prices when compared with vintage toys.

Please keep in mind that there is a big difference between Quality Control (QC) and Quality of materials used in Manufacture.

Quality Control issues is when a figure is sent from the factory to the retailer with manufacturing errors or mishaps such as misapplied paint, missassembled or missing parts, etc. It has nothing or very little to do with the quality of the materials they used.

For example, Henkei uses much higher quality materials when manufacturing figures but their Quality Control is severely lacking so a lot of figures with manufacturing 'mishaps' get through from the factory to the retailer.

Sweet cant wait for these need to replace my eject he is looking a bit worse for wear dont have the others (anymore) and at least use someone else instead of bumblebee (so over used)

This is great news on all fronts. This also seems to go against previous reports I've heard that KOs prevent reissues.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    For example, Henkei uses much higher quality materials when manufacturing figures
    Is there a source for this or is this your personal assessment. If the latter, on what basis?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    This also seems to go against previous reports I've heard that KOs prevent reissues.
    These cassettes haven't been KOed have they?