Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more Encore bashing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Subsequent reissues often suffer from a decline in quality due to mould degradation - it's what happens when you re-use the same cast over and over again. Sometimes HasTak will retool moulds to "repair" the degradation, although this is of course costly.

TakaraTOMY recently did this with Encore Jazz. The Jazz reissue mould was made from the G2 Jazz mould. The G2 Jazz mould already had degradation of the mouth (afaik the Classic Jazz reissue (which predates G2) didn't have this). The TFC and Commemorative reissues had further degradation of the mouth, giving Jazz his "sh*t-eating grin". The mould has since been retooled for Encore Jazz so that he no longer has that grin and has a more G1-accurate looking mouth.

And um... yeah... Commemorative Ratchet?! Are you talking about Collector's Edition Ratchet? (the e-Hobby exclusive reissue that came with Ironhide)

(1, 2)
    Yep, collectors edition Ratchet that's the one. Knew they were called something different but couldn't remember. Just went off memory.

Appreciate the effort there. It's much better than the rambling about Hasbro didn't do this or Takara failed to do that. I personally already had the molds and only got Skywarp/TC for the tech spec cards mainly.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I just couldn't stop thinking this as I read through the topic:

yes yes, I know, you don't mean this. But it was bugging the hell outta me
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

"Leave Encores alooooooooooooooooone!!!! Leave them alone!!!! You just want more and more and more...chrome!!! and extra accessories.... Leave encores aloooooooooooooooooooone!!!! wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh If you want more accessories and tech specs you will have to go through ME!!! Leave Encores aloooooooooooooooooooone!!!!

I'll bash my floppy Encore Swerve any day of the week. LEARN TO STAND UP!!

I have both original G1 and Encore Skywarp and Thundercracker and I'm totally happy with the Encores. I got the Encores mostly for Skywarp cos he's missing missiles and has severe sticker wear (he was my very first boxed TF that I got for Xmas 1984), so he was in need of a reissue... the first Takara reissue was too rare and I refused to get the Hasbro reissue with the crutch-missiles - the Encore one suits me fine.