Since Takara has released the Encore line people have been criticizing the quality of the plastic claiming that it is somewhat thinner or less in strength than the originals, Commemmorative series released in 2001-02 or the old book style releases. I personally cant really see/feel the difference so i thought how can i put these claims to the test. I then thought 'how about a simple weight test'. If these reissues are indeed using thinner plastics this would prove somewhat conclusive, wouldnt it?
I first tested Ratchet. I own the original 84 Ratchet, the Commemmorative Ratchet and the Encore Ratchet and using an accurate and expensive electronic kitchen scale these are the results.

Original Ratchet = 94 grams
Comm Ratchet = 98 grams
Encore = 98 grams.

Now Skywarp

Original = 107 grams
Encore = 114 grams

84 Skywarp wing = 8 grams
Encore Skywarp wing = 8 grams

All testing was done in the alternate mode with no accessories attached.
As you can see both the Comm and Encore Ratchet are 4 grams heavier than the original 84 Ratchet. Encore Skywarp is 7 grams heavier than the original and the wings are equal.
So, in conclusion this is a good result which i feel has somewhat proven that the Encore line is using just as good plastics as what the originals are. Either that or Tak is adding just a touch more metal to the diecast which i feel they would not do as this would obviously be more expensive.

I know that my testing method was not professional blah blah blah but surely this would give some indication on the so called weaker plastic.
What is everyone's opinion?