Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incoming Custom...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I think I know, but looking at the shape of the head in shadow and the shape of the window on the chest and I reckon it wouldn't be much work to make it Soundwave.
    And actually - considering the (rumoured) origins of this toy, that makes a lot of sense, too! Gasp! I'd have to figure out a way to do the chest first though :\ and it wouldn't fit ravage at all ... Still - cool idea Me likes!

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    From what I'm seeing lcz, it looks very obvious.. Otherwise I'm in for a huge surprise.. Sweet looking pic too
    Haha - Sorry - no Big surprises here - pretty stock-standard, easy-to-guess repaint. Yep, it's smokescreenBATMAN.
    Uh - no - it's not. :b (really - it's just the obvious answer :b) Thanks and glad u liked the pic though!

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Nice pic with the piping.
    Thanks gamblor sir!

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    RAISES his hand up high!!
    i know i know.....
    Shh shh! You don't get points for knowing already :b Also! I've redone the crest on his forehead Had to use two seperate pieces and glued them together on his forehead :b

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Obvious character. Great pic.
    Thanks jay! ^_^ U're not that easy to impress so that's great to hear ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Looks like trash.
    Haha! So - caues it looks like trash, I suppose I should reluctantly give it away to a willing friend, huh? ;b

-----------

In other news, I've now given the sucka two coats of spray-paint and he's already lookin' ROCKIN'! (In my personal, biased opinion) (That said, typically I like it, then when I compare it to others once completed, I end up only picking out the flaws - so - I'm going to enjoy it while it's WIP :b)
    Just have a bit of secondary paint ap application to do now (which I will work on tonight) while waiting the day or two that I'm going to leave this sucka to dry on ^_^ (leaving the toy to dry makes such a huge difference! Being impatient just messes things bad! ... though the temptation is terrible <_<)

In other incoming custom news, one of ice's customs just got himself some custom sculpting done, which just needs some sanding, then adding some secondary sculpting to round it off

Oh - exciting times indeed. In other other news, work on Seasprays progresses steadily - the biggest problem as usual being the need to wait for coats to dry - and even when working on three at a time - the amount of time needed to dry the suckers is longer than it takes to move on from toy-to-toy...

Awh well :\

Ah - and in other other other news, sanding and cutting has begun on the Acid Storms. 2x Sunstorms & some Acid Storms are coming up... :b

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

The crest does kinda give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    And actually - considering the (rumoured) origins of this toy, that makes a lot of sense, too! Gasp! I'd have to figure out a way to do the chest first though :\ and it wouldn't fit ravage at all ... Still - cool idea Me likes!
    And save a spare Animated Soundwave so you have a head ready to swap in.
    (You could use the leftover Ironhide head and Soundwave body to make Animated Ironhide! )

(You could use the leftover Ironhide head and Soundwave body to make Animated Ironhide! )
    will that really work out for an animated ironhide? :P

And save a spare Animated Soundwave so you have a head ready to swap in.
    But Ironhide sposed to be a Ratchet redeco
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    But Ironhide sposed to be a Ratchet redeco
    Well yes, but what else do you do with a leftover Ironhide head?

Well, this thread went off on its merry lil way, didn't it? XD
    But yeah - Won't be doing that - If I do a soundwave out of an ironhide - it'll be with sculpting over the existing head
    Works better that way IMO

Thanks for the ideas though peoples

But back on topic now:

That's how he looked like this morn !

Since then, he's had a clear coat, reassembly of his clear parts and chest as well as silverification of his bumpers
    He's also now reassembled bar his arms which are being worked on ^_^
    After that, more waiting for drying then some stripe-painting

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Well, this thread went off on its merry lil way, didn't it? XD
    But yeah - Won't be doing that - If I do a soundwave out of an ironhide - it'll be with sculpting over the existing head
    Works better that way IMO

Thanks for the ideas though peoples

But back on topic now:

That's how he looked like this morn !

Since then, he's had a clear coat, reassembly of his clear parts and chest as well as silverification of his bumpers
    He's also now reassembled bar his arms which are being worked on ^_^
    After that, more waiting for drying then some stripe-painting
    Me likey, Ratchet, I assume?