Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for Decepticon Universe Legends

i would also love to see insecticons and more cassettes in the next year!!

In the Legends class, I'd have trouble seeing many Decepticons cut it at that size other than the Cassettes. I'm personally starting to dislike the Legends line a lot and wish that they'd use the Scout size class instead which allows them to do more w/ the engineering. That's what bothers me with Wheelie, Cosmos and co. I just don't feel it as much in the Legends size class.

Legends I think work best as a cheap buy it for parents to silence the whining whelp but not as a line for unique releases generally.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix
    What about the Insecticons (sp?). I know they weren't that small in G1,
    In the G1 comics the Insecticons' insect modes were tiny - literally insect size. They used mass-shifting like Soundwave and Megatron.

Yep, that human is holding Megatron. Although in the cartoon Megatron only mass-shifted down to the size of a gun that Transformers could hold, in the comics he could mass-shift down to the size of a real Walther P-38 UNCLE that a human could hold.

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    In the Legends class, I'd have trouble seeing many Decepticons cut it at that size other than the Cassettes. I'm personally starting to dislike the Legends line a lot and wish that they'd use the Scout size class instead which allows them to do more w/ the engineering.
    I agree. I think the cassettes would be ideal for Legends, but for other figures I'd like to see Scouts.

I'd like to see the Insecticons somewhere in the Universe line (outside of Robot Heroes), and considering that they're insects, Legends-class versions would make them roughly in-scale to the creatures they turn into.

I think Soundwave's minions would be a bit boring on their own, since there isn't a larger Soundwave toy in the Universe line that they could fit into.

Sharkticons would be interesting to see as Legends.

EDIT: Another thought:

I think that the Decepticons who had simple toys in G1 would work the best as Legends because there would be no need to try and be complicated to represent characters who had huge toys and character designs too complex for Legends toys to successfully pull off.
    Last edited by SilverDragon; 10th January 2009 at 01:19 PM.

Cool Topic.

I'm liking the legends class atm. My only gripe is no elbow joint. Even a simple 90 degree pin would be good. Just for a little more poseability.

Many of my favouite characters from the bad guys have been done or will never be done. I'd love to see the individual stunticons, constructicons or combaticons. I won't hold my breath waiting. They don't have to combine. I like the Runamuck Runabout idea.

Maybe G2 Megatron repaint as Shockwave with a modified head
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I love the Legends!! And the fact that they are very 'simple' reminds me of their G1 Minibot counterparts - which I like!

I think there needs to be some new Decepticons too... Scout-sized Insecticons/Reflector/Constructicons is the perfect size. Legends-sized cassettes (or maybe update them and have them turn in to CD/MP3 players or something). And I'd like to see a Voyager-sized Shockwave (that turns in to a futuristic gun or cannon).

If the Autobots own the Legends class, make the Decepticons own the Scout class!

Defcon, I love your suggestion of the Battlechargers. Runamuck as a Legends would be all sorts of awesome

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Legends Monstructor could turn into a garden swing
    I'm worried about what they put in the water in Perth...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Ok here are some more ideas/suggestions for more possible decepticon Legends.

repaint Brawn as Crankcase
    repaint Bumblebee as Bugbite
    how about a new jet mold and do G2 Hooligan, Spacecase and Skyjack. I like these for their names and not their color schemes

onto Scouts....
    Laserbeak and Buzzsaw as Unmanned Aerial Drones (Movieverse)
    Rumble and Frenzy as Utes/pickup trucks (Movieverse) For some reason I think these modes suit their personality and roles.

Autobot Technobots. The Movie Scouts. Repaint madness.
    repaint Signal Flare as Nosecone
    repaint Clocker as Lightspeed
    repaint Skyblast as Strafe.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Legends I think work best as a cheap buy it for parents to silence the whining whelp but not as a line for unique releases generally.
    I find a big sticky packaging tape works as well ( mouth, hands and legs like a mummy), you also need a dark basement or a room under the stairway for this technique to be more intimidating Not to mention cheaper and you can still use the spare for other stuff around the house

Agree with you STL on Wheelie and co. should've been scout class size instead, legends is just too small, they look more like minicons than minibots next to the rest of the Universe 2.0 and classics figures which they're "supposed" to be displayed with.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I find a big sticky packaging tape works as well ( mouth, hands and legs like a mummy), you also need a dark basement or a room under the stairway for this technique to be more intimidating Not to mention cheaper and you can still use the spare for other stuff around the house
    I've got to say that the impetuousness of children these days does bug me. On more than one occassion, I've actually said to a kid in the presence of his parents "Mate, your dad/mum doesn't have to buy you anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    onto Scouts....
    Laserbeak and Buzzsaw as Unmanned Aerial Drones (Movieverse)
    Rumble and Frenzy as Utes/pickup trucks (Movieverse) For some reason I think these modes suit their personality and roles.

Autobot Technobots. The Movie Scouts. Repaint madness.
    repaint Signal Flare as Nosecone
    repaint Clocker as Lightspeed
    repaint Skyblast as Strafe.
    Some great ideas there! I've toyed with the Strafe as Skyblast before but as much as I love the mold, there is no knee articulation. And Signal Flare isn't that good a toy imo so that's why I've steered clear of it not to mention my ideal Scattershot would be Voyager Vector Prime so that'd throw out scale a lot.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection