Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what's your opinion on MP Thundercracker

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma
    Transformers are an expensive hobby, if something like this happened with Warhammer for arguements sake, people would not stand for it.
    No they wouldn't not. Takara(TOMY) do have customer feedback services, including call centres. And Japanese fans would use them and do whinge lots on message boards like all good Transfans do. They whinged a lot before the merger with TOMY.. I don't frequent JP boards much since the merger, but I must imagine the whinge factor would still be there.

You should be our official whingebag Gok. Jump over to some Japanese fan forums and complain like there's no freakin' tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    No they wouldn't not. Takara(TOMY) do have customer feedback services, including call centres. And Japanese fans would use them and do whinge lots on message boards like all good Transfans do. They whinged a lot before the merger with TOMY.. I don't frequent JP boards much since the merger, but I must imagine the whinge factor would still be there.
    I am curious to know what is the general Japanese mood on Tak-Tom's performance since the merger.

I hope it similar to the Western view on things., TakTom might actually pay attention to their local audience. You have to feel sorry for the poor Takara employees that are no doubt bound, gagged and shackled, kept under lock and key in Tomy's sanity room. It's just like the Chaser when they did their little invasion at TodayTonight's studio.

"Look! It's the quality control room!"
    -"It looks like it's been abandoned for years!"

You should be our official whingebag Gok. Jump over to some Japanese fan forums and complain like there's no freakin' tomorrow.
    I'm often quick to point out that the so-called "European" Transformers were also released in Australia and New Zealand - and whenever people simply refer to them as just "European exclusives" I'm quick to point out that they were also released in Australia and NZ too. I would also do this lots on Japanese boards too. Before then, everyone in Japan (and internationally) just called them "European" - but then when Transformers Generations was published, the first section about European Transformers specifically states that those toys were also sold in Australia and New Zealand! A result of my persistent whinging on Japanese boards about it? I have no idea.

You have to feel sorry for the poor Takara employees that are no doubt bound, gagged and shackled, kept under lock and key in Tomy's sanity room. It's just like the Chaser when they did their little invasion at TodayTonight's studio.

"Look! It's the quality control room!"
    -"It looks like it's been abandoned for years!"
    I know a Japanese Transfan who used to work for Takara (albeit under their Microman division, not TFs) and the way he's described it is that they (and another Japanese software company he used to work for) are perfectionists. He would produce these incredible designs that would be flatly rejected - and at the software company, he would even cop abuse from his manager. It's like those John West ads, about the fish that John West rejects that makes John West the best... Takara seems to be like that.

This was before the merger with Tomy. I don't personally know anyone who works for TakaraTOMY. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    There you go Sky Shadow, I resisted the urge to call him MP-7 by his ID number. Anywho I'm basically concerned about the widespread issue of Thundercracker's, and indeed the reissued Skywarp's, misassembled chest panels, (the thing that contains his chest missles). After my rather irratating spell created by MP Magnus I haven't bought a single TakTom Transformer since. At any rate I'm curious as to how people handle it. Is it really that noticeable? Or could you turn a blind eye? I want to get some other opinions before throwing my money down the toilet like last time.
    I've finally opened my MP Thundercracker last night. Unfortunately mine indeed has the misassembled chest panels. The first thing that came to mind was the step-by-step photo guide on how to fix it posted by someone on the HK forum. But then I decided to transform mine first and see if the transformation was actually affected at all. Thankfully it transformed fine and I can live with that. So it's a very low priority for me to perform the fix (if I ever end up doing it) and I'm in no hurry. And I kinda like my MP Seekers to have further minor and subtle differences.

The paint job and plastic *feel* LOVELY compared to Greenscream. I still haven't opened my older Skywarp so no comparison yet. However, even though the plastic *feel* better, there're still white stress marks at certain hinges, but overall less and the transformation is a little smoother when compared to Greenscream.
    Last edited by Kyle; 30th December 2008 at 11:50 AM.

I had a few minor problems, but nothing major.

The right 'wrist' wouldn't rotate. The stud it pivots on was driven in too tight. I had to pry out the stud a little with a fine flat head screwdriver. Lucky the plastic didn't gouge.

1. Chest panels are wrong, but like Kyle said, who cares.

2. Finger Prints are visible on the paint, I'm not sure how to combat these...

3.The front part of the cockpit was not assembled properly, but hey presto 1 min with a screwdriver and its fixed.

My Skywarp was Perfect, MP-5 had to be clear coated on the chrome, MP-3 G1 Starscream was perfect assembly wise, the fluro red paint and dirty white paint really bug me. No pilot would let his aircraft be that dirty!

MP Thundercracker is worth getting, as are all the seekers. Oh and apply the stickers or at least the wing stripes. They look heaps better with them on.
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

On a slightly unrelated note it seems I was just astronimically unlucky with Magnus. This guy's seems to be perfectly fine apart from the upside down headlights, and it's definately the reissue as the box sports the TakTom logo in the top right. Why me? Also I would've put this in my Magnus thread but I was lazy and figured more people would see it here anyway... *hangs head in shame* Also it's become increasingly obvious that RK have no desire to help me. They did offer a refund if I sent it back to them, but the shipping cost getting from Hong Kong in the first place and then sending it back cancels out any money I would've made back. Anyway jumping back on the wagon, lets discuss Thundercracker....

Perhaps you can sell one and use the proceeds to help fund Takara (not TakaraTOMY) MP Magnus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    The paint job and plastic *feel* LOVELY compared to Greenscream.
    +1 QFT

I was transforming my Greenscream yesterday... such a pain in the diodes. My MP Skywarp and Thundercracker are the easiest to transform of my MP Seekers.

So what is exactly wrong with Thundercracker's chest panels?