Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what's your opinion on MP Thundercracker

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    So what is exactly wrong with Thundercracker's chest panels?
    Basically on Greenscream, 1st issue Skywarp and Hasbro's Starscream the chest panels point inwards towards their orange canopy cover. On the latest reissue Skywarp and Thundercracker, the panels have swapped sides, meaning the point outwards away from the canopy instead. By himself it's hardly noticeable, but when he's with the other seekers it's much more obvious. Here are some pictures from TFW2005 showing Skywarp's normal panels, and Thundercracker's swapped panels:

Unfortunately whoever took the photos should've taken Skywarp's directly face on to illustrate it better.

Thanks Adzma. It sounds like something that can be remedied but if the joint is held by a pin, I may have to disassemble the hole figure so that I don't damage or scratch other parts while trying to force the pin out.

Guess what. It's held together with a pin. If only things were simple, but I might as well wish for the walls to be made of candy.

I spend the whole evening fixing Thundercracker's chest turbine lids.

BOY! That was so freaking hard and so full of heart attack inducing risk moments that I DO NOT recommend it to anybody unless the missassembly bothers you intensely (Like me )

I used this guy's method to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMqj1Kpp5vs

However although one pin came out in a similar way as the sample on his video, one of the pins took considerable more force and persistence while the other was near impossible to push down. I was very close to giving up on several occasions but my stubborn nature kept me going, specially after I had removed one side already.

Something to keep in mind, it appears that the turbines on Cracker are remolds subtley different from the other seekers as they don't seat the same as the other two (G1 colored Starscream and Skywarp) and I am sure that its correctly put together.

Another note, although the paint in mine is pretty well applied, I can tell right away that the paint quality is substantially inferior in quality to MP Skywarp as some edges (thankfully underside) rub off too easy and there have been reports of figures with runny or badly applied paint. This matches the poor paint quality of several Henkei (and the MP Ulta Magnus release) that were released at the time. Hopefully these Takara-Tomy paint issues were a phase and its now over since the more recent figures I got were perfect such as Henkei Cheetor and Hound.