Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MP-08 Grimlock Prices

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default MP-08 Grimlock Prices

Hey all,

I have been waiting, hoping that the Australian dollar would go back up to at least 0.70 but it doesn't look promising that it will before MP-08 Grimlock is released. My questions is for those purchasing him what are you paying in total (including shipping) in Australian dollars?

I will probably still wait for reviews of him before I buy him, given the QC issues with Takara Starscream that I bought. Also, what is the concensus on a Hasbro release? Do you think we will get one? Would it be worth holding out for that instead or better to be safe than sorry and buy the Takara one before it is sold out?

I know there are a lot of questions in there but I'm interested in the opinions of the fellow people on the board.

Thanks,

Mr K

I'd bet my tf collection that Hasbro will release Grimlock here. Takara doing a MP fig of a relatively unpopular character in Japan all at the own behest? I don't think so!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    Also, what is the concensus on a Hasbro release? Do you think we will get one?
    It was revealed that MP Grimlock was actually Hasbro's idea and they, for lack of a better word, pretty much forced TakTom to make one. As Gutsman said I would bet that Hasbro will release one, but it won't be until after TF2 has come and gone, probably sometime next year.

Ah, ic ic

I'm guessing that a Hasbro release would be quite a lot cheaper....do they usually skimp on things like details and metal though? Their Starscream was great.

So far the hasbro MP's have been good, with the exception of the 2nd Prime release. However with the recent quality dip it'll be interesting to see how this goes.

I'm also looking for an answer to the first question... what are people paying?

I have been offered A$210 delivered. Is that good/bad/average?

$210 sounds good to be, who was that through? A mate or a store? ie: if it ends up being a good price, can you get 2 lol.

It's through a personal contact. I can get an unlimited amount, but I have to commit and pay this week.

However, I just checked Toy Wholesaler and that works out to be A$182 shipped if you buy 4 at a time. That ship sails March 8th.

Hmm I'd love to get in on a group order of those if one was organised. That's the cheapest I've seen.