Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1020252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: January Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Heh, it's gonna be fun bringing that luggage through customs. I once had my carry-on luggage inspected at an airport in Beijing, and I had Cybertron Galvatron in there. The customs officer asked me something like, "What is this?" so I told her that it was Galvatron from Transformers Cybertron/Galaxy Force and proceeded to tell her the entire basis behind the Unicron Trilogy and a summary of the history of Transformers lore... which took a considerable amount of time.
    Who knows?.. She could also be a TF fan who would just love to hear again the story...
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Hehehe, I had fun last year when I had to migrate my Tfs back from Phils to here. When they scanned the bag they couldnt make out what was in it and had to ask me since its all obscured with all them ziplock bags, bubble wrap and newspaper. I told em its TFs. I could tell they were reluctant to open my baggage since it was packed and boy, I sure would ask their help to repack it since they were the ones who wanted to see it. Glad they didnt. The Xray lady just called on her supervisor and he asked me " Are you a collector?". So I said "I sure am!" and showed a few shots of my TF room from the camera. That convinced em hehehe.

I guess she was just concerned coz there are a lot of the diecast TF registering "metal" on scan, i dunno. Didnt have to open a single bag though. I hope you packed plenty of bubble wrap to protect the toys jay, those baggage boys can be quite "mean" to baggages on transfer. twould be a shame to see em in "pieces"
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    OOoh Lcz, your repaint of Skywarp is like the Black seeker ( black starscream) paint scheme from E-hobby. Its Classics E hobby Black Starscream! NIIICE!!
    Damn! I didn't know that even existed! :\ I just thought that cause I have a spare Skywarp I ought to create my own seeker with his own unique colour scheme - but with consistent deco style to the other henkeis I have :S
    Oh well :\ Anyhoo - here's one with him next to Starscream

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Finally

I also received the G1 Galavatron parts I needed. Now I have everything I need to restore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel-J
    Who knows?.. She could also be a TF fan who would just love to hear again the story...
    Unlikely. The woman's face just screamed "My LiF3 i5 PaiN!" -- about 5 seconds into my story I think she wanted it to end. But I kept on going for many, many, many more minutes. Wahahahahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...so I told her that it was Galvatron from Transformers Cybertron/Galaxy Force and proceeded to tell her the entire basis behind the Unicron Trilogy and a summary of the history of Transformers lore... which took a considerable amount of time.
    Not helping the 'Transformer fans aren't geeks' arguement there Goktimus...

If I was in customs line behind you I'd be throwing things at someone who spent a considerable amount of time describing any fictional story.

Everytime I watch "Transformers" I cringe when Sam starts correcting Sector 7 that it's "Megatron" and "Decepticons" etc, thinking is that what we sound like to normal people?

Been a little slow on the intake this month. Spent a fair bit few $$$ on parts (mainly for G1 Superion who is almost complete- thanks to those guys who've helped me out).

Got most of these of ebay- im not too familiar with the micromasters/ transforming aircraft carrier, and if anyone can help me name them that would be cool.

Also in this lot were G1 swerve, Outback and Powerglide. These guys were doubles and ive listed them in my sales thread if anyone is interested.

Not included in the picture is reasonable wad of paperwork/ techspecs etc.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    Got most of these of ebay- im not too familiar with the micromasters/ transforming aircraft carrier, and if anyone can help me name them that would be cool.
    If that's a triple-changer, that could be flattop. I used to play with that one a long long time before.
    Mine could be buried somewhere in our backyard.....which my brother only knows..
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13
    im not too familiar with the micromasters/ transforming aircraft carrier, and if anyone can help me name them that would be cool.
    That aircraft carrier is a Micromaster Transport called Flattop. The other Micromasters you got are three members from the Off Road Patrol - Mudslinger, Highjump and Tote. You're missing Powertrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel-J
    If that's a triple-changer, that could be flattop.
    Flattop is a Micromaster transport, not a Triple-Changer. Perhaps you're thinking about the Autobot Triple-Changer Broadside.

Thanks fellas for the help- Ive not had much to do with the little guys and their transports. The little guys are quite cool.

There is one you've missed though- hes a bit hard to see but hes sitting on top of Flattop and is in similar colours so hes not easy to see (he is a little jet).
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness