Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: (fan-custom) TFC-004 Gear-of-war weapon set

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes! Toy-accuracy FTW!
    I agree (chalk me up on the opposite side of the line to Snazzbot and Golden Phoenix). Toy Ironhide and Ratchet are awesome, way better than their cartoon counterparts. Ratchet is my favourite Diaclone Autobot car - if I could only have one then I'd choose him. He comes with his own repair bay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I agree (chalk me up on the opposite side of the line to Snazzbot and Golden Phoenix). Toy Ironhide and Ratchet are awesome, way better than their cartoon counterparts. Ratchet is my favourite Diaclone Autobot car - if I could only have one then I'd choose him. He comes with his own repair bay!
    Hey to each his own. Ironhide definitely grew on me and I didn't need him to look like the cartoon. I just remember wanting him too look... like... something. As an adult I can see he suffers more from the limitations of '80s ('70s?) toy technology than anything else, but damn.

Curiously enough I never saw Ironhide as a robot riding a... battle chariot (?). The two were always combined, like he had some weird form of locomotion. His techspecs did say he was the slowest of the Autobots and the most fragile...

Quote Originally Posted by snazzbot 101 View Post
    His techspecs did say he was the slowest of the Autobots and the most fragile...
    Ah yes, those very same tech specs that say that Ironhide's "Trithyllium-steel skin makes him nearly invulnerable" also say he's the "most fragile of the group" three sentences later. Go Bob. (I assume by "fragile" Budiansky meant Ironhide "breaks down the most", which is what he changed it to by the time of Transformers Universe #2.)

Ah yes, those very same tech specs that say that Ironhide's "Trithyllium-steel skin makes him nearly invulnerable" also say he's the "most fragile of the group" three sentences later. Go Bob. (I assume by "fragile" Budiansky meant Ironhide "breaks down the most", which is what he changed it to by the time of Transformers Universe #2.)
    My imagination took that to mean Decepticons couldn't shoot through his armor, but they could shoot out his treads.

Less like a bodyguard, more like a barricade.

Maybe he is just emotionally fragile
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Lawl!
    Cheer up, Emo-Hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Maybe he is just emotionally fragile
    'The Immobilizer'

The protos look good. But I don't have as much confidence in TFC's plastica quality and QC.
    Last edited by Kyle; 9th January 2009 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

SWEET

That Auto Scout is looking good.
    Which brings us to where we are today...