Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loophole's custom Sunstreaker and Sideswipe orders

i didnt even think of combining postage for you guys but i can combine postage back to include Lcz'. Im such a rookie at this sort of thing

just an update mainly cause im at work and bored waiting for the paint to dry on the now PAINTED Sunstreakers!!

You are a freakin' legend loopy

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Thanks Loopy!
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Sunstreaker is having trouble putting himself back together

Nice paint Loophole.
    I've got a question for you. As the yellow is a 2 stage paint do you lay down the bright yellow colour first then the lighter yellow coat? Or the other way round?
    I've tested mine and it looks way too light.
    edit: I tested it first method described.
    Last edited by gamblor916; 24th February 2009 at 09:45 AM.

Okay i shall try my best to answer, with most 2 stage paints or "3 layers" you have 2 different batches of paint an Underground coat which is usually made of solid colours i.e white, black, yellow this Underground coat is usually used to cover the surface you are painting. Then you also have a Basecoat colour now this basecoat colour is usually more opaque than the Underground paint and the basecoat has the different effects in the paint such as metallics and pearls.

Now when painting these sort of paints you put the underground coat on first to cover the surface as long as its covered it doesnt matter how many coats you put on just as long as its covered.
    Now with the basecoat as with the Lambo colour i have used on Sunstreaker it has white, black, yellow and green pearl in the colour and with each coat of this that you put on over the undercoat will change the overall colour so if you only put 2 coats of basecoat(or pearl colour) it will look lighter the more you put on the deeper the colour will look but the more coats you put on the more the colours of the undercoat will show through and change the overall clour again.

But you always wanna put the paint with the effects on top of your other colour because otherwise there would be no point.

So maybe you just needed to more coats on that what you should have.

I hope that helps otherwise just ask me more.

FYI "3 layers" 1st layer - underground coat, 2nd layer - basecoat, 3rd layer - clear.
    and then you can get 4 layers

Ok thanks for the info, much appreciated

Okay well i have now painted the Sideswipes and boy do they look good i wish i had done another one for myself now so here some pics...

so hopefully in the next few days i'll paint in the minor details and stuff and then post them out for you guys.

Sweet paint job.
    What red did you use for Sideswipe?