Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Shops - Potential TF Stockists

Default Perth Shops - Potential TF Stockists

Allright, I realise that the vast majority of people are gonna be from the big eastern states, but as there are some living here in the far west ('out in the sticks'), I thought it may be worthwhile starting a thread like this. My fellow Perthians, please feel free to add/correct as necessary

(New items added in RED)

Kmart
    Generally good to wait for sales, as they come frequently.
    Stores at Innaloo, Morley Galleria, Belmont Forum, Booragoon Garden City, Cannington Carousel, Joondalup Lakeside, and Mirrabooka Square.
    Innaloo is probably the best of the lot - frequent restocks, and often first with new stuff.

Big W
    Cheapest overall unless Kmart has a sale, but variable stock.
    Stores at Belmont Forum, Karrinyup, Mirrabooka Square, Whitfords, and others further out.

David Jones
    Seem to get lots of stuff first, but slow to restock. And expensive.
    Stores at Perth City, and Karrinyup.
    The Garden City & Claremont branches don't have toy sections

Myer
    Sometimes have pretty good sales - like right now!!
    Stores at Perth City, Karrinyup, Booragoon Garden City, Morley Galleria, Cannington Carousel, and Fremantle.

Toyworld
    Worth checking sometimes, but expect to pay for it.
    Stores within the metro area at Fremantle, Claremont, Subiaco, and Hillarys (near Whitfords).

Toys R Us
    Once again, expect to pay for it here - but they have some exclusives.
    Two stores in WA, at Morley & Cannington.

Empire Toys
    Specialty store on Hay St, Perth City. Naturally, expect to pay premiums on items from here coz it's special imports and rares only - but they do have some nice items (including the only place I've seen Binaltechs on shelves!).

Target
    Probably not even worth mentioning, seeing how crap they are at TF stock.
    Stores at Perth City, Innaloo, Morley Galleria, Whitfords, etc.
    Some said their toy sections look like warzones most of the time - I tend to agree...

And last but not least, some great private sellers operating locally:

FiguresDirect
    Most probably already know this online order site. What some may not know is that the dude lives in Perth metro area and will accept pickup orders (usually from his workplace in East Perth), which cuts out postage costs. Nice selection of stuff, and decent prices to boot!

FigureBOT
    An eBay seller with a nice range of current items (including some Takara stuff) offering local pickup in Beckenham or Perth CBD.

Nifty's Toys & Games
    Another eBay seller, also with a pretty good range of TF items. Offers local pickup from Yokine.
    Last edited by Gasaraki; 8th April 2013 at 11:44 PM.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

your a perth person

why are you never at Perth meets? hrmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    your a perth person

why are you never at Perth meets? hrmmm
    Haha... well, actually I only joined this forum recently.

Plus I might be too busy under most normal circumstances - I'm married and also a full-time professional, though I still manage to make the odd trip to scout out TF stocks now and then
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    Allright, I realise that the vast majority of people are gonna be from the big eastern states, but as there are some living here in the far west ('out in the sticks'), I thought it may be worthwhile starting a thread like this. My fellow Perthians, please feel free to add/correct as necessary
    There're currently 32 Perthians on the forum.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=371

About 10 of us attend "regular" meets.

Toys R Us
    Once again, expect to pay for it here - but they have some exclusives.
    Two stores in WA, at Morley & Cannington.
    There's also TRU Joondalup.

Handy post that. Cheers. Always good to have another Perthian here

Target are definitely worth mentioning, I've had some luck there from time to time (City in particular, Morley is often lacking).... but moreso because they get some exclusives (like Stealth Lockdown and Puke Ratchet).

Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    Empire Toys
    Specialty store on Hay St, Perth City. Naturally, expect to pay premiums on items from here coz it's special imports and rares only - but they do have some nice items (including the only place I've seen Binaltechs on shelves!).
    I've seen some at the Freo markets. There's a little stall there which sells all kinds of odds and ends, including a large selection of things which light up (LEDs, neon, lasers). And, on at least one occasion, Binaltech figures.

Binaltechs are also available(in very small amounts) at Freaks and Geeks toys on hay street. I'm pretty sure its actuly an expansion of Empire Toys (Notice they replaced all their goth toys with comics?) and sells mostly cloths and random action figures from gears of war FF, Nightmare before chirstmas ect ect.
    But you can get some Transformers attire(a bit pricy but they get mark down regularly) and some alternators and other stuff, Like that Optimus Prime Ipod speaker dock and reissue of Skylynx.

Tokyo underground is next to it's spose to be a vintage toyshop but you wont find many transformers there, but I'd recomende it for fans of Car models or Gundam Wing(especialy Gundamwing)

Just been to Midland Big W. large selection there of universe and animated.

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default newbie

Hi guys,

My first post, so here goes! Just thought i'd mention that i was able to pick up a Masterpiece Prime with trailer (think its MP-04?) from Target in Whitfords a few months ago in 2008. I was amazed when i saw it being advertised. So for that reason I always check Target.. They're always capable of the odd surpise.

Welcome to the funnyfarm Ace, Yes Target get's the odd Japanese Import in every now and then. The W.A army groweth . Post an intro in Board and member intros but only if you want to.