Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *Shudder* Wisdom teeth

Not wisdom teeth, but teeth related:
    I still have 2 baby teeth. Bottom front pair.
    Turns out that there isn't any adult teeth growing underneath so my baby teach grew longer roots, so they should last till I'm about 25-30.
    Then I gotta get fakes...
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Weird... Never heard of that before. You must be one of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    Weird... Never heard of that before. You must be one of a kind.
    Actually, coincedendtly, my half-brother's half-sister (no relation to me) has the same thing but for another pair of teeth.
    weird eh?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Top wisdom teeth are easily removed compared to the bottom ones. The bottom ones sit above the root canal whch makes it much trickier (and painful). The bottom ones have to be sliced to be removed, the top ones come straight out.

I had my top ones out a few years ago, local anesthetic and they were pulled out and I walked home in 30 mins from the local dentist. I was fine to eat the next day.

The bottom ones I had out in May last year... local anesthetic 30 mins of tugging and sewing later it was done - it really wasn't that bad at all, screw the $250 general anesthetic and waiting in the hospital etc... It hurt pretty bad that night and the pain killers did NOTHING! There were about 3 more days of puffing up and down then it went away and all was well...

Well almost...

$2300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now THAT Hurt!
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    ...or the other option kneeling on her chest to get a better position...
    Is there a dirty joke in there or is it just me
    Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Your growing your teeth in the wrong place if they're hurting your backside.
    STOP DUDE YOU'RE KILLING ME!

I must say I didn't even notice my Wisdom teeth coming through. One day iw as at the dentist (when I was about 25 or so) and I asked him if they had and he said "Yep."

Sweet though I, I am wise now. With a big mouth full of teeth.

The wife on the other hand has had all sorts of troubles, She had to go to hospital for the last one. I am glad she did, coz if she had them done in the chair it would have cost me an arm and a leg (plus a tooth or two) but since it was a day trip hospital visit the insurance covered it.

Strange and confusing thing insurance.....

WOOT 1000th Post!! Its only taken me about 5 years or so to get to this point in time..

Quality over quantity my friend.

It hurt like all buggery when my wisdom teeth came out... sideways (-_-) Unfortunately they run close to a nerve so the dentist doesn't want to extract it in case they touch the nerve and I lose feeling to half my face. So I just gotta try and keep them clean, which is bloody hard because they're at a freakin' stupid angle. Sometimes a lot of crap gets caught in them and I get gum infections, then it's off to the GP to get a script for a course of anti-biotics. (T_T)

But yeah... during the time they came out I was staying with a post-grad student from Germany; she fed me baby-food. Never realised baby food tasted so bad.

Open up for the airplane! It's interesting hearing all of your stories, suddenly mine doesn't seem quite so bad.