Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *Shudder* Wisdom teeth

Default *Shudder* Wisdom teeth

Well today, sometime around 9-10ish I think, my two bottom wisdom teeth were removed. Now my face feels all swollen and anesthetic-ie. Luckily my typing is unaffected so you guys can all make sense of me, the family will have a bit more trouble. Maybe I should buy a Transformer to speed up my recovery.

Ouch. I had all four out at once so was knocked out altogther and would not have been able to type a couple of hours afterward!

My wifes jaw has been dodgey ever since she had her wisdom teeth removed, she believes they dislocated her jaw when she was knocked out and had massive bruising across the top of her chest from either digging their elbow in for leverage or the other option kneeling on her chest to get a better position, it is now a clicky jaw. Hope you have a quick recovery.

I hope your wife did something about that, it sounds incredibly messed up. Fortunatly I have'nt had my wisdom teeth out but if I did and woke up with brusies on my chest the dentist would have more than a little explaining to do.

"Uh... I replaced your teeth with candy! Incidentally you may be missing a couple of teeth... wisdom teeth as it were... But it's nothing to worry about."

Thankfully the numbness from the anesthetic it starting to wear off now and my speech has improved quite a bit. I agree with swoop about your wife though orion, that doesn't sound good.

i may have to go through this scary sounding pain one day

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Ouch. I had all four out at once so was knocked out altogther and would not have been able to type a couple of hours afterward!
    Same. Probably got lucky in that way because I wasn't conscious for any of it.

The real pain came a few days later, went back for a check up, he took the stitches out and sent me on my merry way. Unfortunately a)- He was 100km away and b)- He didn't get all the stitches.

A few days after that, my gums started to grow over the remaining stitches, such a lovely pain it was. Your gums stretching slowly over these stitches. Luckily my local dentist was able to move them, I nearly kissed the old bugger (and he was old, still practicing in his 70's he was) because of the pain relief it brought me.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Ouch man - hope you feel better soon!

Yeah teeth removal sucks and indeed all types of teeth pain suck the big one, I had 2 out for my braces, and then all 4 wisdoms at once under a general.

Despite all the hoo hah beforehand and the 8 hour wait in the hospital waiting room before I was prepped, I can't really complain to much about the pain, I got lucky and the worst part was spitting up red goo for the first night.

For my earlier teeth removal I had a local, and had teeth yanked with those tursty pliars it was not fun, felt like I had half a face after.

And then there were the braces, and whenver they were tightened I couldn't close my mouth for a whole day.

Still the tooth removal pain does go away eventualy, once you get the abillity to suck from a straw back I reccomend a shake of some description.

I had mine out in December 2007, after I was told to get them out in June 2006. Old picture of my bottom two teeth for general purposes, not specifically for this thread:

They had been bugging me, so I felt pretty relieved once they were out. I had hardly any pain at all after the day surgery, as they were growing straight up, the best kind of wisdom teeth that have to be removed you can have.

I was put under general anesthetic, and when I woke up the bottom half of my face was numb and stayed that way for the rest of the day, hence I couldn't feel food when I put it in my mouth so it was tinned spaghetti/jelly/soup for me. I tried to eat a double quarter pounder a few days later but I couldn't get my jaw open wide enough.

Adzma, you might feel sick for the next few mornings and just want to drink lots of water and watch television. That's how I felt.
    Last edited by Eruntalon; 8th May 2010 at 11:01 PM.