Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Batteries in MISB Toys

Just wondering does the Encore Omega Supreme and Sky lynx comes with batteries? If so I'll have to remove them.

Batteries are not included with those toys.

Now I'm going to have to go through all my toys to check the batteries after Skyshadow posted a link

Went through the old posts to find this nifty thread. Anyway, I have in my possession a MISB Armada Supreme Class unicron from a current non otca member. I know the amazon version already had the batteries inside with the little plastic things to stop the batteries from depleting, but does the armada version have the little plastic things as well?

A better question would be, Are the batteries already installed in this unicron? I might keep this one MISB as I already have one on the way from BURN

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Went through the old posts to find this nifty thread. Anyway, I have in my possession a MISB Armada Supreme Class unicron from a current non otca member. I know the amazon version already had the batteries inside with the little plastic things to stop the batteries from depleting, but does the armada version have the little plastic things as well?

A better question would be, Are the batteries already installed in this unicron? I might keep this one MISB as I already have one on the way from BURN
    How'd you find this topic, but miss the recent topic alerting people to the problem, or the battery list itself which was included in several weekly news emails in the last couple months. The answers you seek are in those two topics.
    I can't remember if all versions of Unicron had the plastic slip in them, but they all had their batteries included with the toy. They were all button cell type, which were always included.
    (and as noted in the first link above, the plastic slip doesn't prevent the batteries from leaking or even depleting, as it only separates two surfaces out of the 3 or 4 joining contacts - any battery touching another will still corrode/leak/deplete, but the plastic slip just prevents a complete circuit from accelerating it)

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    So how about spending 10 hours writing up a list of the toys that do have batteries and what type of battery Gok?

Could be a useful resource to those that may overlook a figure with batteries in it. The button batteries should be fine to leave, it's the "regular" AAA, AA, C, etc batteries to worry about.
    Yep, I wanted it to be a useful resource, but since the list took me a lot more than 10 hours to compile and post up, I can understand why he didn't. It's there now though, for all fans to use.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    How'd you find this topic, but miss the recent topic alerting people to the problem, or the battery list itself which was included in several weekly news emails in the last couple months. The answers you seek are in those two topics.
    I can't remember if all versions of Unicron had the plastic slip in them, but they all had their batteries included with the toy. They were all button cell type, which were always included.
    (and as noted in the first link above, the plastic slip doesn't prevent the batteries from leaking or even depleting, as it only separates two surfaces out of the 3 or 4 joining contacts - any battery touching another will still corrode/leak/deplete, but the plastic slip just prevents a complete circuit from accelerating it)
    Found it through the trusty forum search
    Thanks for the links Griff and your battery list is awesome.
    Ugh...My G2 starscream and ramjets battery box...need to find them and take out them batteries ><...probably leaked by now, over 10 years now i think lol.

G2 Screamer and Ramjet! Man I never thought of them! Bet they have leaked dont think I have ever removed them!