Page 323 of 365 FirstFirst ... 303313318319320321322323324325326327328333343 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3645

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

  1. #3221
    Join Date
    14th Mar 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Was in the area so had a quick squiz...

    Big W Stafford City as of 5:30PM yesterday had:

    Toy Isle near registers - 3x $15 Blitzwing, 6x $15 Octone, 1x MB Grimlock, 2x MB Blackout
    In the actual toy section- 2x $10 Krok, at least a dozen each of $5 Cosmos and Seaspray.

    I did not see any POTP leaders...

    I didnt search the whole store so there may be other isles that have transformers in them knowing Big W and the way they like to spread stuff around the whole store for their sale

  2. #3222
    Join Date
    13th Oct 2016
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    49

    Default

    TRU Garden City is a warzone. A warzone. Managed to pick up the lonely Triggerhappy that's been selfwarming for the past 6 months or so for $21, but I think I got a little bit of shell shock in the process.

    On my way to Underwood to pick up a cheap Blitzwing (nothing at Big W Garbo). Wish me luck!

    EDIT: Not a Blitzwing in sight, but I did pick up Elita-1.
    Got her for 15, too. Scanned at 45, but the tag says "TF Gen Voyager", and she scanned as a "TF Gen Voyager", so...

    I feel a little scummy about being one of those pain in the arse customers (I had to deal with them enough back in my retail days and I've got a bit of a complex about it now), but hey, cheap robots.
    Last edited by kwanzaabot; 3rd July 2018 at 01:13 PM.

  3. #3223
    Join Date
    24th May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    33,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanzaabot View Post
    EDIT: Not a Blitzwing in sight, but I did pick up Elita-1.
    Got her for 15, too. Scanned at 45, but the tag says "TF Gen Voyager", and she scanned as a "TF Gen Voyager", so...

    I feel a little scummy about being one of those pain in the arse customers (I had to deal with them enough back in my retail days and I've got a bit of a complex about it now), but hey, cheap robots.

    I'm surprised that you were able to get them to price-matched the POTP toy for their Titans Return price, as the $15 Voyager price is only for Titans Return Voyagers (which has a different product code in their system - they might all be Generations to us collectors, but to Retailers, they are two different toylines).


    I'm sure that there would be a few adult collectors trying to do the same with various POTP toys, using the prices of the cheap Titans Return toys that hit BigW stores this week.

  4. #3224
    Join Date
    13th Oct 2016
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Shh.

    I wouldn't have done it normally, but the label didn't make the distinction between the two lines, and the scanner didn't either. It was just "generations voyager". Taken at their word, they're selling generations voyagers for $15.

  5. #3225
    Join Date
    14th Nov 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Big W Stafford City as of 5:30PM yesterday had:
    You were there an hour or two after me... I was looking for a $10 Kup. Nothing else around the store.

    And just on Griffin's last point: Not sure if it's collectors or re-sellers. As I was checking behind a Slug in the toy section a sales assistant turned up and explained they weren't really $10 and he was taking the tags down as he'd just had to give a heap to someone else again for $10. But seeing I beat him to it, he offered me a tag to take to the register and get them for $10 too. Instead I asked for the actual $10 items; they'd been cleaned out and inferred they had constantly had people trying to get more expensive items - I think he may have even said he'd sorted them onto the correct pegs only 15 minutes earlier (all the POTP were crammed onto the $10 pegs when I arrived).

    While we were talking, another person on a mobile turned up and loaded all the Blitzwings and Octones into a trolley. I went to the next aisle and heard them say, "No, the cheap tags aren't even here, so I can't try it." Just sounded suss to me...

    Anyway, family sourced me a Kup while they were out and about yesterday.

  6. #3226
    Join Date
    27th Aug 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    From yesterday afternoon- Comic book heroes chermside has Studio Series deluxe Jazz and Lockdown... $40.

    I was a bit keen haha, Jazz is a very small deluxe but he's just delightful.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

  7. #3227
    Join Date
    24th May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    33,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stug View Post
    You were there an hour or two after me... I was looking for a $10 Kup. Nothing else around the store.

    And just on Griffin's last point: Not sure if it's collectors or re-sellers. As I was checking behind a Slug in the toy section a sales assistant turned up and explained they weren't really $10 and he was taking the tags down as he'd just had to give a heap to someone else again for $10. But seeing I beat him to it, he offered me a tag to take to the register and get them for $10 too. Instead I asked for the actual $10 items; they'd been cleaned out and inferred they had constantly had people trying to get more expensive items - I think he may have even said he'd sorted them onto the correct pegs only 15 minutes earlier (all the POTP were crammed onto the $10 pegs when I arrived).

    While we were talking, another person on a mobile turned up and loaded all the Blitzwings and Octones into a trolley. I went to the next aisle and heard them say, "No, the cheap tags aren't even here, so I can't try it." Just sounded suss to me...

    Anyway, family sourced me a Kup while they were out and about yesterday.
    That's disappointing to hear as it gives us collectors a bad name to those stores who may not be as keen to help out other fans like you who want something legitimate.
    It could also prompt BigW to not take on cheap stock in future if it is costing them a fortune on other items they paid a lot more for. It only takes a few greedy people (they don't deserve to be called fans) to ruin it for us collectors.
    It's also disappointing to hear toy scalpers grabbing all of the stock before real fans can get them, just to sell them at full price or more online.

  8. #3228
    Join Date
    14th Mar 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stug View Post
    You were there an hour or two after me... I was looking for a $10 Kup. Nothing else around the store.

    And just on Griffin's last point: Not sure if it's collectors or re-sellers. As I was checking behind a Slug in the toy section a sales assistant turned up and explained they weren't really $10 and he was taking the tags down as he'd just had to give a heap to someone else again for $10. But seeing I beat him to it, he offered me a tag to take to the register and get them for $10 too. Instead I asked for the actual $10 items; they'd been cleaned out and inferred they had constantly had people trying to get more expensive items - I think he may have even said he'd sorted them onto the correct pegs only 15 minutes earlier (all the POTP were crammed onto the $10 pegs when I arrived).

    While we were talking, another person on a mobile turned up and loaded all the Blitzwings and Octones into a trolley. I went to the next aisle and heard them say, "No, the cheap tags aren't even here, so I can't try it." Just sounded suss to me...

    Anyway, family sourced me a Kup while they were out and about yesterday.
    So Close lol. I guess they put some of the Blitzwings and Octones back... I did wonder why I couldn't see the tags on the shelf. Glad you got your Kup

    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's disappointing to hear as it gives us collectors a bad name to those stores who may not be as keen to help out other fans like you who want something legitimate.
    It could also prompt BigW to not take on cheap stock in future if it is costing them a fortune on other items they paid a lot more for. It only takes a few greedy people (they don't deserve to be called fans) to ruin it for us collectors.
    It's also disappointing to hear toy scalpers grabbing all of the stock before real fans can get them, just to sell them at full price or more online.
    Makes my blood Boil ...makes me worry about the potential of cheap items in the future too!

  9. #3229
    Join Date
    13th Oct 2016
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Just to be clear, guys, I'm absolutely not a scalper. I just saw a label say an item was a certain price, and asked to buy it for that price.

    If anything, maybe it'll prompt Big W to see that there actually is demand for Transformers, and they'll order more stock in future. I've been looking at empty pegs since before Christmas.

  10. #3230
    Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    21st Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Big W Taigum has 2 of each wave 2 PotP deluxes. I have them already so not taking any home. Also one elita 1, no seaspray and cosmos but a plethora of brawn, roadbyrn and kickback (as well as quake, twinferno, triggerhappy and krok).


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •