Page 328 of 515 FirstFirst ... 308318323324325326327328329330331332333338348 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 5147

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

Target Springwood had one SS Brawl, now gone.

Toyworld Springwood has one SS Brawl for $50; along with heaps of TLK Deluxes W3/4 for $25.

Toyworld Carindale also has one SS Brawl and the TLK Deluxes W3/4 for $25.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Target Garden City had the wave 3 Prime Masters and Inferno. So new, they weren't in the system yet, but were $10 and $49 respectively.

Nothing new at Myer, Kmart, BigW, Coles, Woolies or ToysRus (obviously).

As mentioned in the TRU news topic, the ToysRUs store was oddly empty (two-thirds of the store was cordoned off and empty), when it was still at about 75% stocked just last weekend... way too quickly for the stock to have suddenly been sold to customers, and the stuff that was left was older or obscure items (there was no Lego at all... not even obscure crappy sets - and there is no way every Transformers toy was sold off, because some of the gimmick stuff still wouldn't have sold at 50% off).

So I think they were able to get newer items returned to suppliers for partial credit, which would be better for the administrators than selling the stock above a certain discount.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As mentioned in the TRU news topic, the ToysRUs store was oddly empty (two-thirds of the store was cordoned off and empty), when it was still at about 75% stocked just last weekend... way too quickly for the stock to have suddenly been sold to customers, and the stuff that was left was older or obscure items (there was no Lego at all... not even obscure crappy sets - and there is no way every Transformers toy was sold off, because some of the gimmick stuff still wouldn't have sold at 50% off).

So I think they were able to get newer items returned to suppliers for partial credit, which would be better for the administrators than selling the stock above a certain discount.
    No, they did indeed just sell it that quick. You weren't there with me at Aspley yesterday. I saw a few people with an odd lego set, the only ones I saw on the shelves left were a handful of those brickheadz things. It was a mad house. The check out line was from the registers, all the way to the back where the outdoors stuff is then around again towards the baby stuff, and all checkouts open.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    No, they did indeed just sell it that quick. You weren't there with me at Aspley yesterday. I saw a few people with an odd lego set, the only ones I saw on the shelves left were a handful of those brickheadz things. It was a mad house. The check out line was from the registers, all the way to the back where the outdoors stuff is then around again towards the baby stuff, and all checkouts open.
    Yeah, I'd second that! While I was lined up at Aspley Friday morning (thankfully it only went back as far as the Star Wars isle), we overheard one of the sales assistants say they had been moving some stock to Mt Gravatt as it was the busiest store... busiest of what, I'm not sure. Assume SEQ.

My wife had also asked me to check out a couple of things she'd seen the day before. When I texted that part of the store was roped off she asked for photos... she was shocked, as it looked like they'd sold half to three quarters of the stock in that 24hrs.

Very well... I guess that's the strange mentality of humans. 40% wasn't enough, but 50% was the magic number.... not a huge difference, but psychologically, it probably felt like it was a significantly better deal. Strange though, was the large amount of old Star Wars toys still there, but no other action figure toyline.
    If it cleared out so fast in the last two days, they probably won't be open for the full 9 days that it has on the front of the store.

This morning at the Mt Gravatt store, with the back two-thirds of the store roped off because it was empty, and not a single Lego item or Transformers toy left.

This used to be where the Transformers were located...

This was 7 days ago...

The front of the store, noting the end is just 9 days away (Sunday 5th August)...

Meanwhile, at Target, photo proof of the wave 3 Prime Masters and Voyager...

And BigW still had quite a few of the $5 Seasprays and Cosmos... and the Tiny Changers are discounted to $2 (which is still cheaper than the ones would currently be at ToysRUs if they had any left at 50% off (which would be $2.50 each).

TRU Maroochydore was similar... I hadn't been there in two weeks and now, half the store was closed off and most of all the Lego was gone (just a few expensive, boring Star Wars sets, e.g. Bomber, broken AT-ST). But, the Transformers has been relocated, and when I found them they still had a few POTP Voyagers and a deluxe and plenty of movie and smaller stuff.

Galvatran Guest

My local TRU has "Not for sale" label on all the LEGO banners. About half a dozen or so. Shame really as there a some nice ones for novelty factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

The 20% off toys at BigW must be having an impact on Transformers, or the stores I've been visiting were just under-stocked to begin with.
    Checked out the Calamvale, Garden City and CBD stores and none had any Voyagers at all (SS and POTP), and only one or two POTP Deluxe toys.
    The Kmart store at Garden City had restocked the first wave of POTP Legends (Beachcomber, Windcharger, Shrapnel) because it seems that the large number of wave 3 Legends toys (Cindersaur and Outback) were almost all gone. No POTP Voyagers left there either. It's almost like Australia was really unlucky with wave 2 of all size classes, as very few stores had any of them, and none had all of them.

They did have new since last week, the wave 2 Studio Series Voyagers Megatron and Brawl, plus the newest Rescue Bots Epic (12 inch non-transforming toy) Optimus Prime.

Oh, and ToysRUs didn't have anything new...

Sorry, too soon?

This is great. Should hopefully mean we're going to get more of later waves.

Kmart at Australia Fair had in the first waves of both the new Cyberverse Legends and Warrior figures.