Page 382 of 515 FirstFirst ... 362372377378379380381382383384385386387392402 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 5149

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

Thanks SMHFConvoy, that's a great solution. They also had Earthrise Voyager for $39, so it looks like it's 'sale' pricing and not clearance. Also they were overflowing with Cyberverse Deluxes, must have been at least 3 cases worth. They had started putting out other Big W Toy sale items, so I think it must be a tie in.
    Last edited by reillyd; 3rd April 2020 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Typo 39 not 30
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Convoid is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Toymate Robina has all the Earthrise wave 1 figures (no Leader Optimus left). They also have the Botbots Series 4 Gold Rush games packs.

Looking on the Toymate website, those prices have a very very tiny 99 cents next to each one, which is very deceptive, making everything actually a dollar more expensive than it looks at first glance. It's so tiny, that even in person you have to really get in close to make sure it is 99 or 00, as they are very similar when that small.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Non sighting. What is going on with Earthrise Deluxes? I skipped Ironworks with the idea that as an unknown hr would shelf warm and I could pick him up on sale deep in the recession. When I did some recon earlier in the week I couldn't see him. There were heaps around 2 weeks ago.
    For the last few days I have gone hunting and had to resort to Mr Toys (price matched Kmart). While most stores have a few random ER Deluxes they are low in number and could be any character. Really odd. Lots of Voyagers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Non sighting. What is going on with Earthrise Deluxes? I skipped Ironworks with the idea that as an unknown hr would shelf warm and I could pick him up on sale deep in the recession. When I did some recon earlier in the week I couldn't see him. There were heaps around 2 weeks ago.
    For the last few days I have gone hunting and had to resort to Mr Toys (price matched Kmart). While most stores have a few random ER Deluxes they are low in number and could be any character. Really odd. Lots of Voyagers though.
    Supply and delivery issues probably? Interstate travel is limited, let alone international shipping. Distribution to QLD stores for ER was probably just starting when things went crazy.

Big W Runaway Bay - Earthrise 3x Voyager Starscream.
    Jada Licensed Bumblebee (price wont scan) along with a Kit Knight Rider and Deadpool van
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Related but not, Big W Calamvale has closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by popculturepooka View Post
    Related but not, Big W Calamvale has closed down.
    Temporarily or permanently?

It was only a small store, but I liked going there.
    I got my giant Optimus cardboard store display from that store back in 2011.

Looks like it's permanent...

BigW had been closing some stores earlier in the year that were under-performing, but this one was a sudden closure, due to a leasing agreement (maybe their rent was due, and decided to pull the plug before paying anymore money to the centre management).
    They apparently stopped trading this morning after only just announcing it last night, so there won't be any discount sales to clear out stock that they don't want to transport to other stores.

That was often a go-to store for me for Transformers, as it was a good backup if Garden City sold out fast, and the next nearest stores for me were 20 minutes away.
    I guess being a smaller, quieter store may have benefited me with toy hunting, but obviously worked against the store itself.

Ipswich Big W has 4 Hollywood rides 1977 bumblebee, $39.99.