Page 744 of 870 FirstFirst ... 724734739740741742743744745746747748749754764 ... LastLast
Results 7,431 to 7,440 of 8691

Thread: NSW Transformers Sightings.

Grabbed one of the Blots at Humphreys, Manly. They had 2 of all the wave 3 Terrorcons, plus Kings comics had Rippersnapper, but I only wanted one.

Carlo Target has POTP Cutthroat, Blot & Sinnertwin.
    They also have some Bumblebee movie toys but not the Studio Series Deluxe.

Hopefully these guys start showing up at other stores. I actually prefer the Shadow Raider version of Lockdown. The KSI Sentry looks good as well.

Seems a running trend of stores shelf warming wave 1 toys and we miss out on wave 2......

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    According to dirge last night, the wave 3 Studio Series Deluxe Shadow Raider (orange Lockdown) was found at a Target store in Sydney (Rhodes).
    If that's true, it might mean that we missed wave 2 (Jazz, Lockdown), and it should mean that the VW Bumblebee and KSI Sentry (blue Stinger) are out with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Seems a running trend of stores shelf warming wave 1 toys and we miss out on wave 2......
    Or more likely because Hasbro keeps on resupplying stores with Wave 1 toys. So the Wave 1 toys are selling but they keep on being restocked with the same old toys instead of new ones, thus creating an illusion of shelfwarming.

I suppose one sly way to test it is, when a new series' Wave 1 hits shelves, make a small dot with a black Sharpie on the bottom of each blister. Come back in a few weeks or months and if they blisters have the same mark then you know that they're pegwarming and not just restocks. Might tick off some MOSC collectors though (although if you only mark the plastic blister, the ink would be easily removable with rubbing alcohol).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Or more likely because Hasbro keeps on resupplying stores with Wave 1 toys. So the Wave 1 toys are selling but they keep on being restocked with the same old toys instead of new ones, thus creating an illusion of shelfwarming.

I suppose one sly way to test it is, when a new series' Wave 1 hits shelves, make a small dot with a black Sharpie on the bottom of each blister. Come back in a few weeks or months and if they blisters have the same mark then you know that they're pegwarming and not just restocks. Might tick off some MOSC collectors though (although if you only mark the plastic blister, the ink would be easily removable with rubbing alcohol).
    I highly suggest not defacing stock in any store. You won't face a criminal charges but I reckon they'd ban you for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

I reckon it'd be more discreet to use some tiny stickers - much easier to slip on unnoticed, and not as big a problem if a MOSC-type person buys it.

I've done this in the past (for lego) when I suspected the local Kmart was constantly doing a 'bait and switch' every time they had a toy sale. They'd advertise some big-ticket item to get mums in the shop, but lo-and-behold it always sold out right at the start of the sale. So I caught them out with the sticker trick, when *amazingly* the 'sold out' item came 'back in stock' a week or two after the sale (these were high-end legos like Kmart doesn't get anymore - the monster manor, Tantive IV, ATOT/Dropship etc).

This is sad and f*cked up behaviour.

Don’t have to resort to that trick in the big w stores out this way. The little stock they do have is definitely the same, all scuffed and worn wave one stock that has been on the shelves for so long, much like the last few movies (and justice league toys etc) that sit there and slowly rot away!

Kmart is much the same, no idea what idiot put in an order for a dozen each of outback and cindersaur that will sit there forever for $19...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Hasbro usually tend to spruik a new line to retailers at toyfairs. So... the buyers order big numbers of first waves.

So... Hasbro then orders lots of wave 1; and often this means that by the the retailers start reordering a size class, we've missed later waves.

It's happened many times down the years. Griffin has spoken of it before.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Kmart is much the same, no idea what idiot put in an order for a dozen each of outback and cindersaur that will sit there forever for $19...
    ... but at $15 it might tumble off the pegs.