Page 295 of 609 FirstFirst ... 275285290291292293294295296297298299300305315 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 6084

Thread: WA Transformers Sightings.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armentitron View Post
    I guess for people who just want to go out and buy it.
    At the price of two figures? really? even Ebay delivered is not that evil.
    I do not know how I can support the shop if it goes down such a path.
    Pretty sure we have a member here in Perth that could sell at $110 or less with the coin option as well. Being this figure is still available at a lot of online shops, this price is not justifiable if you ask me.

Pretty sure Gumtree is the same deal just go out and buy it. A phone call wouldn't cost me $50 marked up.

I am not against your post for the sighting by the way, but I am questioning the madness behind it for anyone who is interested here especially to get it.
    Last edited by drifand; 4th April 2014 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    At the price of two figures? really? even Ebay delivered is not that evil.
    I do not know how I can support the shop if it goes down such a path.
    Pretty sure we have a member here in Perth that could sell at $110 or less with the coin option as well. Being this figure is still available at a lot of online shops, this price is not justifiable if you ask me.

Pretty sure Gumtree is the same deal just go out and buy it. A phone call wouldn't cost me $50 marked up.

I am not against your post for the sighting by the way, but I am questioning the madness behind it for anyone who is interested here especially to get it.
    *sighs* Disclaimer, I'm involved with RGG as their resident call-in tech.

Scooby Drew (the owner) has been using a particular distributor which by the time he gets the stock has a markup through the roof due to shipping. When I commented to him on that overpriced (yet now reasonable) price for Soundwave MP was bad I was informed that RGG would be changing distributors for MPs, apparently he still had a couple of orders left with the existing distributors which he wasn't aware of, hence the price.

He's still trying to find a new distributor for MPs that doesn't gut him on shipping and is aware that these ain't likely to sell for a while. Feel free to talk to him about the price, he'll relate the story And truth of the matter is someone who isn't as mad as us will grab them eventually, one day, over the rainbow.

TL;DR Red Griffin Games ain't evil, they're just having problems with getting the correct supplier for MPs.

Also All Kmarts are converting over to a new design, as a result they have dirt cheap beast hunters stock and construct-a-bot kits. $5 legion class if you're looking to complete a pred set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonictail View Post
    *sighs* Disclaimer, I'm involved with RGG as their resident call-in tech.

He's still trying to find a new distributor for MPs that doesn't gut him on shipping and is aware that these ain't likely to sell for a while. Feel free to talk to him about the price, he'll relate the story And truth of the matter is someone who isn't as mad as us will grab them eventually, one day, over the rainbow.

TL;DR Red Griffin Games ain't evil, they're just having problems with getting the correct supplier for MPs.
    Well good luck, even if a store needs to pay rent and overheads, such pricing is way over board. You cannot expect me as a member here to just say "yes that's a reasonable price" That would be really almost a bit of a complete slender. I be completely pretending to be a dumb arse giving thumbs up to support local.

Remember, this is a G2 masterpiece not the first sideswipe and even if it is, is really priced too high. (even for tourist)

End of the day is a business but such a price, I think is not worth mentioning, it probably will do more harm than any good. Sometimes you have to learn things the hard way, and unfortunately I cannot just let this go as a member "repeated it TWICE" as if it was a good bargain? Which is why I asked, Who is so crazy here in Ozformers forum to buy them?
    $150 gets you a Soundwave mp or SoundBlaster.

There isn't a need to let the owner know, if he doesn't know then there isn't much hope. Like you said it be shelve warmed for a long time. Before it was Red Griffin, I bought Binaltech from them at 80-90 bucks, that is reasonable even at mark up. But this piece at double the price? With plenty of sources still selling below the $100 mark just tells me to avoid them completely.

I don't expect people to sell at a loss, but just because a bad business decision is made, it doesn't justify trying to gain profit. And if you telling me $150 is breaking even, then he really need to wake up.

The one key thing you should let him know now is, if I were NOT even to know this thread, and I walked into his store and saw this price, and I reflect to EBay's pricing and see it is that much difference in price, I will not enter the store ever again for any Transformers. So it might end up hurting him just trying to gain back something.

Also All Kmarts are converting over to a new design, as a result they have dirt cheap beast hunters stock and construct-a-bot kits. $5 legion class if you're looking to complete a pred set.
    kmart has turned into a cheap store, for some reason everything has become low quality items.

Refit aside, i'd say that they're clearing their old TF Merchandise to make way for the new movie merchandise, just like Target & Big W are currently doing.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    kmart has turned into a cheap store, for some reason everything has become low quality items.
    Everything? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Refit aside, i'd say that they're clearing their old TF Merchandise to make way for the new movie merchandise, just like Target & Big W are currently doing.

Everything? Really?
    Almost all, not everything but I have a general consensus that a number of people are agreeing that they have changed to a real budget store.

If anyone's still after FOC Starscream, there were two left in the Target CBD store this afternoon for $16 each (I cleaned out the Ultra Magnuses )

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    If anyone's still after FOC Starscream, there were two left in the Target CBD store this afternoon for $16 each (I cleaned out the Ultra Magnuses )
    What? They were $20 earlier in the week.

That being said, if anyone spots a Generations AirRaid for $16 and wants to bring him to Nexus for me >.>

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Why did I even bother to ship them in earlier... argh
    16 bucks is way cheaper than what I paid.