Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: TAS Transformers Sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    If you guys see any Studio Series Scrapmetal’s floating around up there, let me know
    ^^Saw a few in KMart last week/2 weeks ago, don't remember if it was there this week or not. I think there was still one, not 100% sure.
    Can look again next time I'm in town (probably about 1 week away) and grab it for you if it's there if you want. Might be able to find one in Toyworld as well if you don't mind the mark-up.

Oh cool, cheers Ode that’d be awesome bud It’s always the way, had numerous opportunities to nab him but didn’t really think I wanted him then as soon as I do, he disappears from the shelves

Not there, sorry - the one I thought was a Scrapmetal was actually a Hightower.

I'm a bit under the pump for the next few weeks, but next time I'm in Burnie I'll keep an eye out.

3x Studio Series G1-esque Bumblebee movie Voyager Optimus Primes in KMart Devonport. Nothing else worthy of note, though there are $6 Battle Masters - basically only Aimless though.

So a weird sort-of sighting in Launnie - some newsagents are stocking toys over the Christmas period, but they're doing it through a local distributor, so it's proper name brand toys. The catalog for my local Newsagent came in the mail and it had Voyager Springer/Thundercracker for $50 and Deluxe Barricade/Mirage for $35!

Naturally I had to walk around to have a look and see if this was actually true, but they only had a lone Siege Megatron on the shelf - so that could be from either the Optimus/Megs wave or (more likely) the Thundercracker/Megs wave. But still, it's a real thing either way.

That sort of distribution model will likely extend to quite a few newsagents so it might be worth poking your noses in to local ones that you know stock a fair bit of giftware stuff just in case...

Burnie - 1x $70 Siege Astrotrain at Toyworld, decent sales on Siege stuff at Target and Toyworld but mostly older stuff/waves. No new-wave Deluxes sadly, or else I would have gotten a Spinister. Fair few Voyager Thundercrackers though.

So, according to the Devonport Toyworld staff, what's there now is it for the year. So, anyone wanting the latest Siege Deluxes is out of luck unless they have a Target or Big W nearby. I checked in the Burnie Target the other day and nothing, so it's not looking promising for the North-West, unless KMart has some that they haven't put out yet.

People in Launceston or Hobart will probably have better luck, not that Launceston Target is great TF-wise...

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    ...not that Launceston Target is great TF-wise...
    We've got two, and neither of them have a well-managed toy section. It's pretty clear they have plenty of stock out the back most of the time, but the floor displays (for all toy lines) are generally a shambles.

There's been quite a few times when I've done click-and-collect, and had my order cancelled due to no stock. And then go in there for a look and lo and behold the stuff is on the shelves.

I picked up the only $70 Astrotrain from Toyworld Launceston today....at that price, it's almost reasonable. But $99 would be lunacy.

Siege Crosshairs and Spinister at Devonport KMart. $25 sale still on.

2x Crosshairs and 1x Spinister as of 1:30-ish. Also a few Thundercrackers and a Megatron IIRC.