Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: animated swoop

Of the three Animated donis Swoop is my #1 though. I like his slender Physique, though the alt mode suffers from longleggedness ( dont think there's such a word ) the bot mode is screaming "assassin" to me. If he was given perhaps a katana or a long pole with a blade in the end , perfect. BUT, tha would not be in keeping with the primeval theme of their weapons. having said that as well, his weapon among the three is the best one yet, next would be the flaming sword of Grimy ( though I hate how his face can be seen in alt mode) last of course is the big carrot of Snarlag. Of the three Grimy is my least fave but only due to the face being seen in alt mode, if that had been rectified he'd be second. Hope they make 2 more dinos though. dont care what they're names would be , as long as one's a stegosaurus (G1 Snarl was my fave dino - pity he got assimilated).
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    If he was given perhaps a katana or a long pole with a blade in the end , perfect. BUT, tha would not be in keeping with the primeval theme of their weapons.
    ...or bombs... considering that Animated Swoop's function is bombardier. (-_-) They should've changed it to something more suitable if they wanted to maintain the theme of ancient weaponry. I think Swoop should've been an archer - it would still make him the Dinobots' long-range fighter but still maintain that Ye Olde weapon theme.

Swoop has the best weapon amongst the Animated Dinobots, but I don't know how effective he would be as a bombardier using a flail!

well he'd prolly "swoop" and as he passes you by, you duck but when you get up, BAM around the tail end is the flail you never knew coming hehehe, Another weapon which wouldve fit him is a bola whip ( like Catwoman's whip) Its wicked and long range and downright painful hehehe plus it's still long range... depends on how long it is
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...or bombs... considering that Animated Swoop's function is bombardier. (-_-) They should've changed it to something more suitable if they wanted to maintain the theme of ancient weaponry. I think Swoop should've been an archer - it would still make him the Dinobots' long-range fighter but still maintain that Ye Olde weapon theme.

Swoop has the best weapon amongst the Animated Dinobots, but I don't know how effective he would be as a bombardier using a flail!
    Well, Swoop can attack from a distance by breathing fire.

For some reason, before we saw Swoop's robot mode and his flail, I thought that Swoop's weapon would be a boomerang.

It'd work with the theme of ancient weaponry, and it could potentially be stored under a wing in beast mode.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon
    Well, Swoop can attack from a distance by breathing fire.
    I said long range. As far as ranged weapons are concerned, flamethrowers are relatively short ranged - though not as short-ranged as depicted in movies... they have a typical 50-80m range. A longbow on the other hand can fly up to 165-228m. In ancient combat snipers would use bows, not flamethrowers, which were more reserved for naval combat and to a lesser extent, land siege combat.

Swoop's weapon is most un-fitting, I mean just the size alone is odd, Swoop almost looks small next to it I would say he is my fave Dinobot as well. Shame that the flames were taken out of the ball, I was realy looking forward to that, but I can see the safety issues thar.

I would love a Stegosaurus as well! ThI think the "fins" (for want of a better word, "Sails" perhaps?) would look really cool with animated's styling in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy
    Swoop's weapon is most un-fitting, I mean just the size alone is odd, Swoop almost looks small next to it
    heh, gave me the image of Wicket W. Warrick knocking himself on the head with his bolos in Return of the Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy
    I think the "fins" (for want of a better word, "Sails" perhaps?)
    Plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Swoop's weapon is most un-fitting, I mean just the size alone is odd, Swoop almost looks small next to it I would say he is my fave Dinobot as well. Shame that the flames were taken out of the ball, I was realy looking forward to that, but I can see the safety issues thar.
    They weren't taken out of the ball-they're still inside it. They just need to be modded to pop out.

Has anyone tried the mod for swoops weapon?

I kinda like how large and menancing looking it appears next to his slender frame, it hints at him having great strength to use it effectively in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    They weren't taken out of the ball-they're still inside it. They just need to be modded to pop out.
    I took mine apart and all the parts are fuse together. They are moulded to the shape of te ball. I didn't see any way to assemble them so they wouls stick out without cutting them up.