Thread: a cabling question

Default a cabling question

hokay so
    recently my parents bought us a new lcd tv
    at the moment our setup is

foxtel >>> dvd recorder>>>tv

now i need to buy some new cables becuase the ones we have arnt long enough to reach where i wana put the dvd recorder and the foxtel box.

so im wondering, do i buy some cheap rca leads off ebay, or simmilar, or buy some cheap component leads off ebay or simmilar, or do i go get the expensive ones?

and will i see the difference between any of them?

ive looked on the net, but everyone says different things :S

I needed some cables when I got a AV switch since my TV only had 1 port for them.
    The switch didn't come with cables, but I got a cheap one from box hill, got them a year ago and they are fine.

Although I got no clue about this kind of stuff....I'd just say go with what you want, although if the parents are paying, get the good stuff
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    hokay so
    recently my parents bought us a new lcd tv
    at the moment our setup is

foxtel >>> dvd recorder>>>tv

now i need to buy some new cables becuase the ones we have arnt long enough to reach where i wana put the dvd recorder and the foxtel box.

so im wondering, do i buy some cheap rca leads off ebay, or simmilar, or buy some cheap component leads off ebay or simmilar, or do i go get the expensive ones?

and will i see the difference between any of them?

ive looked on the net, but everyone says different things :S
    RCA refers to both Composite and Component cables, and both transmit analogue signals.

However, Component (Red/Green/Blue/White/Red) is better than Composite (Yellow/White/Red). Does any of your equipment have HDMI ports? This would be a far superior option as it is a digital signal instead of analogue.

Yeah, go digital if you can like Eruntalon said, HDMI is the way to go. Also, I believe you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to technology, so if you pay for quality you'll get quality, and if you pay cheap you'll get... Well, yeah, cheap stuff haha

North Melbourne-bot...?

Better quality cables in regards to manufacturing standards are supposed to give better signals (i.e. brands like Monster) who use gold plating on cable ends. The differences between brands wouldn't be that noticable though, just use the best ports your boxes can handle.