View Poll Results: How should customs be counted?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • All customs should count

10 40.00%
  • Repaints and slight retools count but kitbashes don't

8 32.00%
  • Only repaints/retools for repair & cosmetic improvement count

5 20.00%
  • None of them should count

2 8.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Universal Counting Method Poll #20: Counting customs

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    Unfortunately, defining "mostly" would be an exercise in futility.
    Agreed, which is why if kitbashes end up counting under UCM I will enforce Article01 and bring in the rule kitbashes that they must be entirely made from legit TF parts for the purposes of the UCM.

Yeah, that still wouldn't suit me personally, because if I'm understanding you correctly, by that rationale, an Incinerator with Gundan hands would therefore not count?

Yes, that would be correct. It may seem trivial but as you said, trying to define "mostly" would be futile.

Message to Mrs. Convoy: ご主人の金玉(ジャングリーズ)をよぉ~く蹴ってください!
    Translation: Please kick your husband in the janglies!

Here are the final results:

35.6% All customs count
    19.3% Repaints and slight retools count but kitbashes don't
    21.56% Only repaints/retools for repair & cosmetic improvement count
    23.54% None of them should count

Hence the new article will state that all customs count but remember that under Article01 only products manufactured under licence from Hasbro and/or Takara(TOMY) as part of the Transfomers brand can count, therefore only customs made entirely from licensed Transformers products count. If the custom contains part of a toy that is not an official Transformer product, then it does not count as it would be negated by Article01.

Thanks to everybody who participated.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 22nd February 2009 at 07:56 PM.

Okay, I've updated by UCM TF count with Article20's new ruling about customs.
    So after reading and talking, here's how I've decided to count my customs:

+ Goktimus Primal - doesn't count because:
    * use of KO "Dragoonball GT" head and Sculpey neck is in violation of Article01.
    * junker Optimus Primal body is in violation of Article19

+ Goktimus Prime - counts.
    * While the base body is incomplete, it's not a junker. It still transforms from a robot to a truck. There's no trailer, but a truck is still a truck even without a trailer (otherwise Huffer and MP Magnus would be screwed).

+ Lexicon - counts.
    * base toy is a straight repaint of Classic Goldbug.

+ Machine Wars Jetfire - counts.
    * base toy is a straight repaint of MW Skyfire with faction sticker replaced.

+ Motordrone - counts
    * base toy is a straight repaint of BM Mirage.

+ Sentinel Prime - doesn't count.
    * Straight repaint of a bare G1 Rodimus Prime toy, but unlike a bare Ultra Magnus robot, Rodimus Prime is unable to transform into a vehicle without his trailer; he's only half a truck.

+ Vok Hunter Tarantulas - counts.
    * Straight repaint of Transmetal Tarantulas. Even still has his pizza-cutter. (:

So out of these 7 customs, 5 of them would count under UCM.

------------
    Regarding Article19
    The definition of C6 (or "junker") can be very subjective and we all have our different definitions of what counts and doesn't - that's entirely up to the individual. Article19 works like this - if you think it's a junker, then it doesn't count; likewise if you think a toy isn't a junker, then it counts.

Here are some articles which I used to help decide what I counted as C6/junkers or not.
    http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/...ingterms.shtml
    http://stason.org/TULARC/child-paren...cale-mean.html
    http://www.antiquetoys.com/adzoid/gradingguide.php3 <--I've used this definition of C6

-----
    [u]Regarding the counting of Goktimus Prime[/ul]
    I was intially hesitant to count Goktimus Prime, but then it dawned on me that I already have two Ultra Magni in my collection, a reissue w/ trailer and a G1 non-reissue that is only the cab robot (I've replaced the fists with reissue fists and the gun is from the original toy). I count both of them because I don't consider the cab-robot to be a junker. I have G2 Prime that is only the bare cab robot, but I count it. My G2 Prime uses Pepsi Convoy's fists (because I display my Pepsi Convoy in truck mode).

I know that a lot of people only consider Ultra Magnus to be "Ultra Magnus" if he has the trailer-armour, but that's a bias that's born from the G1 comics/cartoon which always showed him in his super-robot form... but as far as the toy is concerned the white cab robot is Ultra Magnus' true robot mode... the armoured mode is his super mode... something which Dreamwave comics portrayed (which I thought was kewl).

This is just _my_ personal opinion of what counts as C6/junker or not. I can perfectly understand it if other people would never count a trailer-less G1 Magnus.