Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Generations to be re-released and updated

Default Generations to be re-released and updated

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...09-book/14947/

A new Japanese art book called Transformers Generations 2009 vol. 1 will be released on Feb. 16th. The advertisement hints that the book will also contain exclusive ordering information for a limited Transformers figure. More information about the contents of the book will be revealed soon. Stay tune

__________________________________________________ ________-

I've heard a lot about this and hope it'll be as good as the old stuff that Paulbot keeps telling me of. I would love one of these babies. Apparently there's 3 books altogether. I'll be after these for sure.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Yeah, there's Transformers Generations, Transformers Generations Deluxe... and now this one. It is like the BIBLE of Transformers G1, G2 and Machine Wars. Everyone should own one.

I hope they'll publish more TF: Generations books featuring post-G2 Transformers.

Vol 1 is promising that a Vol 2 might cover the Beast Era and beyond.

But what we also need is IDW (or someone!) to license and translate the book for the English market. UDON did that with a Street Fighter art/history book a years or two ago and while the results weren't great, it did mean we could read the book and look at the pretty pictures.

STL have you not seen the original Generations book? I'll have to bring my copy along sometime for you to have a look at.

heroic_decepticon has a Chinese translation of TF Generations... some of the Chinese translations for TF names are hilarious, like Starscream's name is "Red Spider." lawl.

Yay! I bought mine from ebay 3 years ago from Hongkong.... it has a different cover from yours Gok. Not sure about the language though as I can't read kanji. Although it does say the Tf figures name in english but that just about the only english in it. Hope they progress on in volumes up to the present TF lines! This is great news.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

That wouldn't be the Japanese version because they all have the same cover, although the Deluxe version has a gold border around the title whereas the original has a G1 box style red and black border.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    heroic_decepticon has a Chinese translation of TF Generations... some of the Chinese translations for TF names are hilarious, like Starscream's name is "Red Spider." lawl.
    is that a KO issue??

So where can one purchase this magical tome?

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn
    is that a KO issue??
    Not sure, you'd have to ask heroic_decepticon.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916
    So where can one purchase this magical tome?
    Kinokuniya is your friend. If they don't have it in stock get them to order it for you. Usually takes them about a month to get in an order from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    is that a KO issue??
    Even though I had the original authentic one, a friend posted me the same Chinese copy a few years ago. It was a KO done by some Chinese fans. The names such as Red Spider weren't made up by fans but were in fact the names used on the dubbed G1 show broadcasted on Chinese television. *Shudder* Their name for Optimus Prime was 擎天柱 ("pillar reaching into heaven") which describes his stature. I like to refer to this translation of OP as "Big Stick".

The Cantonese names used in the dub shown in Hong Kong TVB earlier were relatively much more faithful to the original English names. Starscream was "星星叫".

Anyway back to the KO book. Whoever did the book at least took some time and effort in translating the majority of the text from Japanese to Chinese. It also came with a sticker sheet and a CD that I could never read with a non-Chinese operating system. The KO books in recent years are much lazier and are just inferior carbon copies of the originals. I would advice against getting any "Japanese books" from eBay sellers even if the books "appear to be" the real deal.