Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meet and Greet

Better question: What is your favourite colour?

Btw Crème brûlée means "burnt cream" in French - and I've seen French speakers just rofl themselves silly when they see that word as it really appears NOT appetising at all. The origin of this term comes from an English translation of a French cookbook and other sources claim that it originated from Britain - which seems more likely to me. If it did come from France there's no way they would give it a name as ridiculous as "burnt cream" (as logical as it may sound it's just not appealing to a Francophone ear).

A special welcome from another Illawarrior! Great to finally see someone from down this way join up!
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Better question: What is your favourite colour?

Btw Crème brûlée means "burnt cream" in French - and I've seen French speakers just rofl themselves silly when they see that word as it really appears NOT appetising at all. The origin of this term comes from an English translation of a French cookbook and other sources claim that it originated from Britain - which seems more likely to me. If it did come from France there's no way they would give it a name as ridiculous as "burnt cream" (as logical as it may sound it's just not appealing to a Francophone ear).
    Was just taking a trip down memory lane and had to comment on this Gok.
    It's like Chicken Caccitorie (that is not spelled right but I think you know what I mean) Caccitorie means hunter in Italian so Chicken Cacitorie translates as 'Chicken Hunter' yummy

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Was just taking a trip down memory lane and had to comment on this Gok.
    It's like Chicken Caccitorie (that is not spelled right but I think you know what I mean) Caccitorie means hunter in Italian so Chicken Cacitorie translates as 'Chicken Hunter' yummy
    I know that one. When I used to work for my Dad on his tuna boat he would get excited when the moon was "red" (I used " because I don't think it's really a red colour that the moon turns). The old Italians used to call it Da Luna Caccitorie or something like that. Basically it translates to "The Hunter's Moon" as the red means blood.

I used LOL at my dad so much. I've never seen someone who can be such a realist and practically minded person be so superstitious
    Last edited by Bartrim; 3rd June 2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: changed suspicious to superstitious cause thats what I meant
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

"Cacciatore." It's called that because it's prepared "alla cacciatore" (hunter style).

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I used LOL at my dad so much. I've never seen someone who can be such a realist and practically minded person be so suspicious
    Yeah... I can't really comment on this without violating the board restriction on discussing religion... so... umm... yeah...

Mmm... hunted chicken fresh...

Welcome to the boards. A great place to soak up some knowledge & communicate with fellow travellers