Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evil G1 Prime

I'll parrot the others who love the copper on your repaints, and add that I love the two colour legs, the half black half silver works very nicely with silver vents.

Did you paint the inside of the vents as well, or does the blue show through when you press down on his feet?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

painted the head with a paintbrush. tried to take the head apart... but it was much harder than it looks. gave up and just did it with a little masking. still have to do the underpart of the visor, should be easy enough. didn't do the actual eyes... but did the area around the eyes red... looks alright but I might have to go back and fix it if it annoys me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Did you paint the inside of the vents as well, or does the blue show through when you press down on his feet?
    I took the toes/ feet and lower legs apart. The most important thing was the lines looking sharp and the toes looking as neat as possible. I guess if you inspected it closely then you will see slight details (mainly around the vents) I have overlooked... I will go back over it all when I have another burst of inspiration. The top isn't really finished... there's plenty of red still there (back/ mid-section/ inside) and I haven't transformed it. Just got it to this level to display... was getting quite sick of it!! Will pick it up after the paint has set properly.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    WOW that look great, very different then most ive seen. The black and copper works very well together nice work!
    I think that most are just versions of the 'dead' Prime in the '86 movie, just an all over blackening. I wanted to create an evil figure that is to OP what Special Ed Dragstrip is to Classics Mirage. The copper came about originally to make this guys wings...

I was happy with the colour and the finish that it gives. Then I made this guy... who started off life as just a totally copper version...

Rodimus, became an aborted mess with a Dirge colour scheme.
    The black I use is really thick and glossy, so these metallic things work really well in contrast.