Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scary New S**** S***** Transformer.

i seriosly hope that this is the worst of the constructicons or its gonna end up looking like one ugly combiner. I was hopeing that the colours would compliment each other for the seven figures but red and white is just crappy

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I'm "loving" these crappy figures so far... means I won't have to waste money buying them, and I can spend more on Encore/Animated/Henkei

Seriously though, I hope the characters in the movie are better than their toy counterparts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post

I hope this is mistransformed, and he actually transforms to a bot. I think the color scheme is not to my liking, not terrible though. If they are going with red I wish it had more an earthy tone, and less cherry.

I think it is important to remember that you cant always make a direct match to a robots g1 counterpart. I think that non Transformer fans would think its a bit silly (maybe corny) to have a big green G1 style devastator (Perhaps if he was grimy and dirty like his vehicles would normally be in real life). People are probably going to be dissapointed too when the vehicles dont drive up the gestalt as its forming too (its just nont real enough)- I would like to see the bots climbing their way into position. Its a bit hard to describe really, but in a very primative way. i guess like climbing up a tree.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

For the sake of variety , if indeed there is a devastator combiner, they will all have different color schemes but will share some colors in common. When they combine hopefully works out to be uniform and not be a jumbled mess

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    For the sake of variety , if indeed there is a devastator combiner, they will all have different color schemes but will share some colors in common. When they combine hopefully works out to be uniform and not be a jumbled mess
    You would hope so. I think they tend to make all the bots in the movie at least a bit pretty.

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    I think it is important to remember that you cant always make a direct match to a robots g1 counterpart.
    indeed, agree 100% sometime it seems people get too hung up on g1 likenesses. Variety is the spark of life

I think that non Transformer fans would think its a bit silly (maybe corny) to have a big green G1 style devastator (Perhaps if he was grimy and dirty like his vehicles would normally be in real life). People are probably going to be dissapointed too when the vehicles dont drive up the gestalt as its forming too (its just nont real enough)- I would like to see the bots climbing their way into position. Its a bit hard to describe really, but in a very primative way. i guess like climbing up a tree.
    heh, very cool.

at the end of the day, i just wanna see a serious piece of awesomeness when they combine in the movie

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I think that non Transformer fans would think its a bit silly (maybe corny) to have a big green G1 style devastator
    indeed, agree 100% sometime it seems people get too hung up on g1 likenesses.
    While I see your point, I have to ask - who are these films made for? Fans or non-fans?

I think sometimes filmmakers try to please EVERYBODY when they make movies based on an existing concept (with a fan-base), and end up with an epic fail! Sometimes the source material ain't so bad!

Unfortunately( really dissapionts me) i think movies are just made to make money and sell merchendise these days. I think we are probably lucky the writers are fans otherwise they could possibly make worse movie.

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness