Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FansProject Classic/Henkei OP Trailer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Why does everyone thing think its better? I honestly think each has its merits. I think this is far too G1 and doesn't go as well with the curves on Henkei Prime while the other one has more edges and texture which makes it a better fit plus opens not only storage but a base mode as well.
    Because the other one is fussy. :S
    Looking at the coloured pic, I'll probably get both - if anything just so I can display it all playset like
    but really the other one seems to have started with one idea and then literally midway changed to incorporate g1ish aspects of it.

Personally, I'd be more for it if it stuck with the front half and went that way with the WHOLE thing rather than a half-and-half. It's almost like a half aussie pizza with half ... ice cream... two things that don't necessarily work together, y'see?

Aussie pizza OR ice cream on the other hand - much nicer (Or both but one after the other, not the same thing).
    Stick with one idea and run with it -

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Powermaster trailer pls
    +10

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I guess we're a bunch of Geewunners and like the Geewun feel...
    In my opinion the other one went a bit overboard and has a little too many curves and edges for my taste. Plus, this one is still a work in progress so we aren't seeing any texture or surface details yet. And you don't reckon this one can also open or have a base mode?
    Like I said in response to STL's it's got curves, which are cool - but it's half-half that kills it.
    That said, having a Geewun like trailer in itself is (personally speaking) awesome
    I did after all repaint my horribly mis-matched-paint henkei convoy G1 colours and stripes for a reason

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel-J View Post
    Just can't wait for FP to release their coloured version.
    I'd give FP the necessary time to turn theirs into perfection. I'm biased towards FP after their proven quality with CC, SC, Gas Tank and Cliffjumper kits.
    Last edited by Kyle; 21st January 2009 at 01:59 PM.

Granted, that trailer looks a lot better in color but still, the unrealistic 'sci-fi'ish portion of the trailer kind of looks out of place and its distracting.

So will we be getting a Powermaster Prime/Ginrai type trailer in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Granted, that trailer looks a lot better in color but still, the unrealistic 'sci-fi'ish portion of the trailer kind of looks out of place and its distracting.
    I think the trailer looks better coloured and it does seem to fit with the look of the cab, while the other trailer is just about recreating the G1 look. I prefer the latter.

I still prefer the Fans Projects trailer by miles. The other trailer may look better painted but its design still has no appeal to me.

All this excitement over a box

Don't know about this one at this stage. The other one coloured looks really nice, but doesn't look like it sits close enough to the cab..

I do think that there are now too many groups all trying to be the first to come up with new parts to exsisting toys..

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Don't know about this one at this stage. The other one coloured looks really nice, but doesn't look like it sits close enough to the cab..

I do think that there are now too many groups all trying to be the first to come up with new parts to exsisting toys..
    I think with City Commander, they all realised there was a very big market if they got it right. Prime's trailer is one of the few things that makes a lot of sense and there's bound to be competition for it. But beyond that, I can't see too much else being that compelling.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    But beyond that, I can't see too much else being that compelling
    ... yet.