Thread: Masterprime

Default Masterprime

I really didn't like some aspects of MP-04... a gray and blue gun... c'mon... and what's the deal with the yellow belt?
    Yeah, I didn't want to paint a $200 toy, but now that I have a plentiful supply of MP-04's... this is what I did;
    Last edited by d*r*j*; 9th March 2009 at 11:17 AM.

Yeah, I've done the same thing with my gun, couldn't stand the sight of the grey gun so that was repainted black... To be honest, I don't mind the yellow bits on his waist.. Each to their own I guess

North Melbourne-bot...?

The "yellow belt" is what he had in the G1 series.. So thats why thats there.. I just painted around the yellow.. Silver legs/waist, Yellow belt. Also, I just used one of my many Magnus guns..

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j
    I really didn't like some aspects of MP-04... a gray and blue gun... c'mon... and what's the deal with the yellow belt?
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle_boy
    The "yellow belt" is what he had in the G1 series.. So thats why thats there..
    turtle boy is right - Masterpiece Convoy is going for G1 cartoon likeness. G1 Prime cartoon image. He had those yellow bits in the G1 comics too as you can see here.

Your modification does make your MP Convoy more G1 toy accurate though (see here), as the original G1 Prime never had those yellow bits! All you need to do now is repaint those eyes yellow (which looks better on Prime than blue IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    Yeah, I didn't want to paint a $200 toy, but now that I have a plentiful supply of MP-04's... this is what I did;
    ahh the exact reason i need a new MP, for $100 i can handle giving him a complete makeover :P

Quote Originally Posted by turtle boy View Post
    The "yellow belt" is what he had in the G1 series...
    Sometimes. Then at others it is just the 2 headlights... so 2 yellow squares. I personally put those yellow headlights on roller instead of g1 prime.

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    ahh the exact reason i need a new MP, for $100 i can handle giving him a complete makeover :P
    Are you taking him apart? I'm not so confident about taking the pins out of his chest. If you do this (or if others have) let me know how easy it is.