Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Combiner project 2 - Dinobots, combine

"Bob" - it's only one syllable.

"Dinobots unite and form -- Bob!"

Thanks guys for the comments. I think Liege's suggestion its great.

Imagine Grimmy saying: "Dinobots combine and form Teratron". Has a definite ring to it.

Also, you are right, this is one heavy combiner... Diecast you could say... and I have had a lot of trouble getting the parts on. The waist I am going to have to make bulkier to withstand the upper body. After that, will be the legs challenge.

Okay, from now on, its decided. Teratron it is. Thanks Liege for the name suggestion and to all those that also provided. Gok, love BOB -was it abbreviated from Bandits of Brainiacs ... hehehe

Thanks Stencilator for the comment being your fav of my customs... I am getting better at this... but well, I just had to do it to the dinobots... It was what got me into customs initially.

I hope to make progress this weekend on both the customs of Dinoking and Teratron.

Default Teratrons back to the drawing board

This had to go back into the workshop as the body weight was too much for the feet. I have started a new version.

This is a WIP where the bottom half of the combiner is working out. I am still working out the top half and the head.

Thanks guys.

I really liked the last version... the swoop chest was a really nice touch... but this works too.... and he stands!!!

I reckon you could even keep the dino head, or even better, the option for either a dino head or bot head. One to do the thinking about smashin' stuff and one for doing it.

Nice work!

Urge to buy toys... rising... rising! TERMINATED DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS

thats' coming along very very nicely... thats amazing actually, cant wait to see it finished.

Thanks Stencilator for the comments. This custom is working out nicely.. I have the upper body done last night and the arms. Now I just need to attach it to the body... Should have this assembled by this weekend. I have a tentative head for it.. and its a mean looking thing. But not sure if this is good for it until all put together.

Loophole, thanks for following this thread. Your customs and paint jobs are excellent too.

Would love to share some notes about the paint work. From memory, do you use spray paint or hand?

Will update soon.

Okay. here is an update. Managed to get the pieces to fit together. Painting and minor details updates still to come but here is the combined view.

I used a Megatron Movie head instead of creating one. I felt this one has an organic feeling towards it and perhaps suit the dinobots well.

Let me know what you guys think.

Looks scary and nasty! Guess the decepticons would be backing reaaaaally slowly, no sudden movements...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Default Teratrons - Completed

I have 99.9% completed the Teratron. If anything else will be minor touch up of the paint. Here he is in all his glory and mass.

Still have the other 3 projects to complete.

Look out for updates on the other projects.

Hope you guys like this dude. He is now going into the collection vault.

I like the way it has turned out, the only part im not fond of is the head, reason being is, the rest of his body is quite bulky all which In my opinion makes his head look small ( I think its actually more so the neck ). All in all great job KC!