Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer Help Required

Yeah, Vista sucks a lot with not just a restrictive interface but also as a resource whore. It is also much more difficult to do things that are out of the norm of what I standard user may do because you run into problems which are hard to diagnose.

I also recommend an XP downgrade, particularly if you are into High end gaming due to performance increases and more tweaking room.

I am waiting till Windows 7 comes out because it appears to be Vista minus the crap. The extra crap is mainly what kept Vista down because at its core, its not too bad of an OS.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am waiting till Windows 7 comes out because it appears to be Vista minus the crap. The extra crap is mainly what kept Vista down because at its core, its not too bad of an OS.
    i had a quick play on a mates laptop with the beta release and tbqh it is just vista with a new startup screen and maybe a few minimal things missing

ive got an install but like the microsoft norm it wouldnt install :P

XP is the best operating system and will most likely be that for the next 5 years IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    i had a quick play on a mates laptop with the beta release and tbqh it is just vista with a new startup screen and maybe a few minimal things missing

ive got an install but like the microsoft norm it wouldnt install :P

XP is the best operating system and will most likely be that for the next 5 years IMO.
    If it fails to be practical (that is really all that is asked!) then I continue my present combo of XP for games and linux for other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    If it fails to be practical (that is really all that is asked!) then I continue my present combo of XP for games and linux for other stuff.
    the way i looked at it, after using xp for years and then vista for the last few months, was it was vista, with a few minor alterations

that and theyre giving the beta to anyone :P

If it only happened once, ignore it.

BSODs aren't usually virus-related, though.

If it keeps happening, make a list of all the drivers and third-party software which load on startup, and try using the computer with one of them removed at a time. If the bluescreens fail to come up, try reinstalling or replacing whichever piece of software you had disabled at the time.

Alternatively, Google the codes from the BSOD and see if they're linked to a common cause. This can be a faster way to diagnose and address some problems, and includes hardware issues.