Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Some more 'minor' changes.

Default Some more 'minor' changes.

The transformation has begun, but it is far from over.
    Phase 2 begins later today...

But some notes on what has been done so far.
    - New board header logo (taken from the Ozformers T-shirt I did up for BotCon last year - the lettering is in greyscale until I can verify that it won't be a trademark infringment in colour, or can get permission to use it in colour) I will aslo shrink it down a little more, for those who have a lower resolution setting to their monitor.
    - New background image (same Gen1 Autobot toybox themed grid pattern, but a lot lighter shades)
    - Main table icons (coloured Autobot symbol for 'new posts', grey Autobot symbol for 'no new posts').
    - Renamed the 2 existing sections of the board, and added 2 new sections. The four sections are now:
    - - - News (just news items, including Sightings and Hasbro Q&A, as their contents count as news)
    - - - Info and Activities (all other TFs sections)
    - - - Ozformers Club Members section (The relaunch of the Ozformers Club that began in 1996, and will incorporate the 'Deluxe Members' concept - Club Membership details will be posted here soon)
    - - - Non-TFs section (all other toys and non-toys - see *** below)
    - Shuffled existing board sub-sections into the new section categories (above), and generated several new sub-sections.
    - Moved active topics from the 'Guest House' section into the Hasbro Toys section, and deleted the 'Guest House'.

***The Non-TFs section.
    This new section has two purposes. One is to open up the board a little more to non-members, without having a separate section being wasted on the odd guest posting.
    The other purpose will be discussed either tonight or tomorrow, when phase 2 is completed.

So despite the recent server issues, let me know if anyone has any problems with the board after tonights changes.
    Suggestions, comments and constructive criticism is welcome, but be aware that there are still a lot more changes coming this weekend. I have two whole days on my hands (25th/26th), and the 'transformation' task schedule will fill up most of that time.
    Last edited by griffin; 25th January 2009 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The transformation has begun, but it is far from over.
    Phase 2 begins later today...

But some notes on what has been done so far.
    - New board header logo (taken from the Ozformers T-shirt I did up for BotCon last year - the lettering is in greyscale until I can verify that it won't be a trademark infringment in colour, or can get permission to use it in colour) I will aslo shrink it down a little more, for those who have a lower resolution setting to their monitor.
    I have a 1600 x 1200 and it's taking up 1/3 of my screen
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Same with me Tober, gave me a worry first time I saw it. I thought my monitor was wonking out.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

New changes are always exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    the lettering is in greyscale until I can verify that it won't be a trademark infringment in colour, or can get permission to use it in colour
    Ah... along with the black background I honestly thought that the board was in mourning or something. I'd recommend losing the black as it clashes with the rest of the board's colours.

too many new sections for my liking

Why does Lego get its own section?

Are there Hasbro orientated sections to entice them to be nice to us?

Colours are a bit...different

Quote Originally Posted by roller
    Why does Lego get its own section?
    I agree with this sentiment. I think Lego could have its own sticky in the non-TF discussion section. This is meant to be a Transformers forum after all, if people really want to discuss Lego at length then why not join a Lego forum? (-_-)

While everything else I might say is subjective, the 400 pixel high logo is brutal for many laptop users. I'm not as lucky as Tober as it takes up half of my laptop's vertical screen.

I would recommend trying to merge the four lines into two and having the logo the height of those two lines and try to keep it to 250 pixels at most (subjective)

As far as Lego, there's clearly a natural parallel interest and it's in the non-TF section, so I don't see why not. (subjective)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    ***The Non-TFs section.
    This new section has two purposes. One is to open up the board a little more to non-members, without having a separate section being wasted on the odd guest posting.
    The other purpose will be discussed either tonight or tomorrow, when phase 2 is completed.
    My only suggestion would be having a Non-TF Aquisitions Section (like Scavenger's Aquisitions) for members to post in. At the moment, it's hidden somewhere in the "Non-Toy Stuff" Section!

Yeah the logo is huge and I run my desktop at 1680x1050 and it also clashes badly with the rest of the board as an eye sore.

The new sections and rearrangements are a bit on the confusing but that could just need some getting used to.