Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Useless Superpowers

Default Useless Superpowers

I like the 13th Bullet Bulletproof ability!!

http://superuseless.blogspot.com/
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

ROFLMAO!!

In the world of real super heroes I'd say the top 3 most useless superpowers would have to be:

3/ Green Arrow. Okay, the guy's a top-notch Robin Hood archer... but as a member of the JLA, alongside gods like Wonder Woman and Superman... an archer feels like the fifth wheel.

2/ Aquaman. He has the ability to telepathetically communicate with fish. It could be useful if he were a member of the Sea Shepherd, telling whales to flee from Japanese whalers... but as a member of the JLA it seems kinda lame.

1/ Ma-Ti. The power of "heart" - the power to talk to animals - is pret-ty lame. Having the power of Dr. Do-Little is pretty lame when the other Planeteers can control the very elements themselves! On one hand it's better than Aquaman because it's not exclusively restricted to marine life, but I rank Ma-Ti below Aquaman because let's face it, Ma-Ti is the "Wheelie" of the Planeteers.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

"I want to be green. Spring green."

"And I wanna squeek. Everytime I move, *squeek*".
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    3/ Green Arrow. Okay, the guy's a top-notch Robin Hood archer... but as a member of the JLA, alongside gods like Wonder Woman and Superman... an archer feels like the fifth wheel.
    In comparison yeah, but it is still handy. He may not have an actual superpower, but he could still nail you with an arrow 99% of the time

There was a team in the Marvel universe made up of various heroes with useless powers.
    One guy was flat. perfectly flat.
    Another could hear radio transmissions, but didn't have control over where or when they came from
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    There was a team in the Marvel universe made up of various heroes with useless powers.
    One guy was flat. perfectly flat.
    Another could hear radio transmissions, but didn't have control over where or when they came from
    Hehe - the Great Lakes Avengers. They weren't entirely useless, but their power were pretty weird. Flatman was basically Mr. Fantastic, only flat. Doorman was pretty handy, being a human shaped portal that could let his teammates through walls and such. And Mr. Immortal, who literally couldn't die. Which is to say, he could be fatally wounded, but would heal pretty much instantly.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ROFLMAO!!
    Yeah, you better wink. Green Lantern is a lot like Batman; not superhuman at all, just very very highly trained. There's alot to be said for what a highly trained individual can achieve over someone with innate ability.

Batman has even beaten Superman once, with Green Lantern's help. And GL only had one arm then.

Getting back on-topic, I really liked 99% opacity man.

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    Batman has even beaten Superman once, with Green Lantern's help. And GL only had one arm then.
    One of my favourite comics

North Melbourne-bot...?

What if you are in a duello and you have the sole power to supercharge other's ability?...not the very ideal in that kind of situation as far as your opponent couldn't catch you... Well, in the last episode of heroes season 3, that was the power Ando acquired - which was amusing at first - but on the other hand.....

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    Getting back on-topic, I really liked 99% opacity man.
    +1!
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Sofaman: Batman has an incredible array of awesome gadgets and high training... Green Lanterns have those funky rings which are only limited to their imagination. And the colour yellow (hahaha). Green Arrow is an archer. Come on! LAME! Cool in Sherwood Forest mayhaps... but alongside the Batmobile and the Green Lantern Corps?! Bah! He's such a spare tyre.

This thread also made me think about Mystery Men! A whole movie (based on a comic) about a team of super-heroes with lame powers!

From L-R:
    + The Bowler: Has a haunted bowling ball
    + Invisible Boy: Can become invisible but only if nobody looks at him
    + The Sphinx: Can cut guns in half with his mind (okay, that's a pretty cool power - but he talks in nonsensical idioms).
    + The Shoveller: Can shovel really well.
    + The Spleen: Cursed by a gypsy. Smells really bad - ranged fart attacks.
    + Mr Furious: Unlimited rage.
    + The Blue Raja: Fights with spoons and forks, but not knives because they're barbaric. Note that his costume isn't blue. Speaks with a fake English accent.

Mystery Men Trailer