Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brickvention 2009

Hmmm okies might start building up my Cafe corner then, these photos inspire me.. a little hehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

where was this and when?
    nice pics!

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    where was this and when?
    nice pics!
    It was over the weekend at Victoria University's Flinders St campus
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

What sort of numbers do you think attended, or while you were there - 50, 100, more? I think it is in its fourth year, so it looks like it is growing.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    What sort of numbers do you think attended, or while you were there - 50, 100, more? I think it is in its fourth year, so it looks like it is growing.
    I only stayed about 40 minutes as my two youngest were starting to get annoying but I'd guesstimate around 200+ when I was in there for that short period. Lots of people coming and going as well and every kid for the next block we walked had a Lego set of some sort. I'd say from the outside it looked like it was definitely a viable success.

One thing I didn't photograph but did enjoy were the factory produced SW sets from the past few years. Some look really impressive and I own them but haven't had the time, space nor inclination to open them up and build as yet.

Was there any official presence by Lego, or was it entirely collector run?

As far as I can tell there was no official Lego employee at all. The event was entirely collector run. But I think Lego did endorse it and there were some official sets on display like all the Star Wars LEgo sets including the huge Death Star both Creator and Minifig scale one, The huge Star Destroyer and Millenium Falcon and a few other older Star Wars sets. There was a lone table with a few of the small to medium 2009 pirate sets and the new Farm set. Otherwise the MOC's were amazing.