Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 293944454647484950515253545969 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign first-release TOY sightings

Generations Voyager Skylynx has appeared at American retail, leaving just Legends Wreckgar as the last of the Combiner Wars retail toys before Titans Returns start appearing in stores, probably around April/May.

RID Minicon Deployer Crazybolt (with white Hammer) has been found in Hong Kong... along with the second Minicon 4-pack (red Hammer, Anvil, Undertone, and new weapon Slipstream).

RID Legion wave 2 (Ratchet & Blizzard Optimus) have been found first in Germany.

Plus, the RID Platinum Edition Bumblebee & Grimlock 2-pack has been found in Singapore, just weeks after its reveal at the New York Toyfair.
    It's priced at SG$130, which equates to about AU$130 because we are just over parity with them... which is almost double the price of an individual Deluxe/Warrior and Voyager.
    If ToysRUs get it here, it will be at least double.

Some new items found in Singapore - Platinum sets (Optimus Vs Megatron, Clash on Junk), and the Combiner Wars Gen2 coloured Menasor.

Megatran Guest

Why does Megatron look G1-esque on the front box art?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Why does Megatron look G1-esque on the front box art?
    It's probably artwork reflecting it's 20th anniversary theme, rather than the toys inside... to make the front artwork look more collectable to a 1986 movie fan.

RID Tiny Titans wave 5 have been found at American retail.
    Their price is US$3 plus tax, which would actually make them close to our $5 price... so it is surprising that these tiny things are actually selling enough to make it to five waves.

I think they have been found here, but I've yet to see them myself, or a photo to verify that wave.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    RID Tiny Titans wave 5 have been found at American retail.
    Their price is US$3 plus tax, which would actually make them close to our $5 price... so it is surprising that these tiny things are actually selling enough to make it to five waves.

I think they have been found here, but I've yet to see them myself, or a photo to verify that wave.
    oh, so you think I'm a liar, do you?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    oh, so you think I'm a liar, do you?
    No... just hinting for someone out there to post up a photo so that I can post it as news. Particularly as it would also prove that we missed wave 4 if it says 5 on the box.

The Platinum Edition set "Planet of Junk Clash" with Rodimus and two Junkions, is now on the American Target website for US$75.
    Since it is a Target exclusive in America and is not planned for release in Australia, if you want this set, you will probably need to find someone selling it on ebay, or go through a shipping forwarder to order from the US Target website. (I've ordered items from the site before through a shipping forwarder, so it is possible.)

And it seems that Kreo just won't die in America.
    After the line ended up in discount stores (similar to our Reject Shop) since about 2014 as discounted stock, we've been seeing the occasional re-release/repacked build sets in smaller red&white boxes in the last two years... and the latest pair are an interesting CHEAP duo.
    The first one is a 3-pack of combiners, with Superion, Menasor and Bruticus, for just US$12 (they were US$30 for the three when they were originally released).
    The second box has the Beast Hunters set originally called Beast Blade Optimus, now also US$12 (originally released for US$25).
    The funny thing is that Kreo was sorta seen as a knock-off competition to Lego, and now Hasbro are selling them in US stores that generally stock cheap Chinese toys that would often have KOs and imitation toys.

And from one of the comments in that news topic, it sounds like some of the early waves of blindbag Microchangers have also been seeing a re-release at those stores, with flat display bricks instead of the big 8-brick that the original ones came with... and no code printed on the pack, so no easy way of knowing who is inside.