Thread: Hallmark 2022 Christmas ornament is a new Optimus Prime

Default Hallmark 2022 Christmas ornament is a new Optimus Prime

Back in 2014 Hallmark started releasing toy-based Transformers christmas ornaments, starting with Optimus Prime.
    Eight years later, after doing many of the most iconic Gen1 characters, they have gone back to doing Optimus Prime again, but this time it looks like it could be more inspired by the Masterpiece toy, or just a comic version... I can't be sure.

This one is us$18 from the Hallmark website, for release in July... which is early enough for Christmas in July. (they seem to be coming out earlier and earlier each year, as the first ones were revealed in July/August, then it was May, then it was early April... soon they will be listing them early enough to be released the year before, so that you can give it as a christmas gift for the next christmas )

For me the whole attraction to the line was that the ornaments were G1 toys from those first couple of years of TFs. They permitted access to nostalgia in a way that other TF based ornaments simply don't, even if they are pretty cool! Personally I was hoping for a Blitzwing or Astrotrain this year, followed by either Devastator or Omega Supreme for the 10th year of the line.

That said, this offering is pretty cool, it just doesn't open the door to that 80s nostalgia in the same way.

A smaller, cheaper christmas ornament has been found in America, of an "Evergreen" Bumblebee in attack pose.

This year's smaller Christmas ornament from Hallmark is an Evergreen Optimus Prime.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/11/01/...-target-498430