Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe

Yeah, DD, couldn't wait to get him out of the packet.

Even got the bomb detanator in his hand Russkie Bats was a bad ass. Mark Millar's stuff can be a bit hit and miss sometimes but I loved the Red Son story.

I wouldn't mind getting the rest of the figures in that Elseworld's storyline.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

If you're looking for another really, really cool Batman figure you can't go past Bats from the Batman and Son line of figures. So awesome. Toys shouldn't be made this cool.

Talking

Yeah I'm starting to form a Batman action figure collection, like I said from different story arcs and toylines.

I like each Batman figure to have a unique sculpt or characteristic. Each one is different and special to me for various reasons. However, repaints like Kenners Batman toylines and the outright stupid figs from Legends Of The Batman e.g. Pirate Batman (WTH???) are no-no's.

My top wants are Thrillkiller Batman and Legends of the Batman Dark Knight.

E.g. JLI's Batman reminds of a totally different, almost satirical send up by Keith Griffen (whose early issues gave me much laughs before it got ridiculous).

Batman & Son would be another Batman figure I'd like, as would be the Batman through the Ages boxset as I loved also the Superfriends and Golden Age Batman. Brings back so many memories of reading comics and Saturday morning cartoons.

Was thinking of doing the same for Iron Movie figures now Target is selling them for $8 but I've had to control myself lol.

On a side note, got this in the mail today.... Sweet!!!!

Got it from DVDCrave at $26.20, dealt with them before on numerous times and can thoroughly recommend them.

http://dvdcrave.com.au/ViewProduct.a...9-c2b55df8852a

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Trailer Park Ninja View Post
    I loved the sculpts and variety of characters they've picked plus I'm more of a DC fanboy than a Marvel one. Never dug the Marvel Legends line and regard this toyline as better IMHO.
    Totally agree. There are many aspects of Marvel that I love, but I'm definitely a bigger DC fan! And this DCUC line is second only to MOTUC in terms of sculpt, articulation and quality IMO.

Where did you get this Batman? I've seen it a few times on different toy sites, and I love it!!

Oh also picked up the clearance Iron Man toys at Target at $15, I couldn't resist. Got a poor mans version of the Hot Toys Mark III :P
    Yeah, I bought a few of these bits and pieces for my nephews... I got the Invincible Iron Man pack for $20, which is basically Repulsor Iron Man with accessories... jet pack, guns, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Totally agree. There are many aspects of Marvel that I love, but I'm definitely a bigger DC fan! And this DCUC line is second only to MOTUC in terms of sculpt, articulation and quality IMO.
    MOTUC, don't get me started on those. Would have loved to get these but missed the boat The prices on Ebay are a killer and staying up to when the item is available for sale, annoys me as those the subscription service. Another childhood favourite third only to Transformers. Second for me was Super Powers and fourth probably M.A.S.K.

Love DCUC as pays homage to classic and current versions of characters in a Super Powers kinda of way without the gimmicky super power function.

Where did you get this Batman? I've seen it a few times on different toy sites, and I love it!!
    This is from Series One of the recently released JLI action figures celebrating Kevin McGuires run on JLA/JLI. I got mine at a local comic shop, Kings Comics in Sydney. He does have arms underneath the cape but the figure itself doesn't have much poseability.

That said, it's perfect as it is because it is indicative of the character in the series. The brooding Dark Knight in a comical series is such a juxtaposition (you know what I mean )

Found a set on Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DC-JLI-WAVE-1...3%3A1|294%3A30

Yeah, I bought a few of these bits and pieces for my nephews... I got the Invincible Iron Man pack for $20, which is basically Repulsor Iron Man with accessories... jet pack, guns, etc...
    I was going to get that as well but too many accessories and stuff to store. I'm happy with the lone figure.

Don't give up on MOTUC! reissues are starting in October with He-man then Skeletor!

Since scoring Hawkgirl from The Dirty Digger I had to pull out a my DCUC favs for a quick photo.... and just in case you're wondering, the Martian Manhunter is a custom WIP, made from the upper body of Savage Dragon, the lower body of HML Captain Ameria, the cape from DCSH Supes and some other bits and pieces. I doubt I'll get him finished before they release one, but he'll do for a stand in for now.

Urge to buy toys... rising... rising! TERMINATED DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stencilator View Post

F***ing Classic! Great shot Al!!!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by stencilator View Post
    I had to pull out a my DCUC favs for a quick photo....
    Great pic!!! There's a couple of figures there that I don't have yet! They all look great together.

Another childhood favourite third only to Transformers. Second for me was Super Powers and fourth probably M.A.S.K.
    You have excellent taste!

This is from Series One of the recently released JLI action figures celebrating Kevin McGuires run on JLA/JLI. I got mine at a local comic shop, Kings Comics in Sydney. He does have arms underneath the cape but the figure itself doesn't have much poseability.

That said, it's perfect as it is because it is indicative of the character in the series. The brooding Dark Knight in a comical series is such a juxtaposition (you know what I mean )
    Thanks for that! I love how he's wrapped in his cape... perfect!
    Last edited by Robzy; 19th June 2009 at 11:39 PM.

Dc toys as promise these are from way back in 1998 toys kept em for a while only DC i have left