Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GI JOE against COBRA the enemy

I maintain the G1 Joe cartoon movie's theme song and opening intro sequence is one of the greatest things in the history of the universe.

CRASHING THROUGH THE SKY
    COMES A FEARFUL CRY
    COBRA! COBRAAAA!
    COBRA! COBRAAAA!
    ARMIES OF THE NIGHT
    EVIL TAKING FLIGHT
    COBRA! COBRAAAA!
    COBRA! COBRAAAA!
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

For anyone who may not have seen the movie or can't remember it, here's the song that FFN is referring to.

Basicaly that was the good part of the movie, the rest was garbage.

Snake through the heart!!!!!

Optimus Prime died to save Duke, that just not right.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythona#Legacy

Oh I dont know the confrontation between Serpentor and CC was pretty good IMO.

"Inssssubstantiated fantasiesss, liessss, liiieeessssss" - Cobra Commander and then the rest is garbage

Segway, just wish they didnt issue the trouble bubble with a joe vehicle. wouldve been better if it was a trouble bubble two pack - its what has been putting me off buying it. I DON'T WANT / NEED that Joe cycle!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zed
    Basicaly that was the good part of the movie, the rest was garbage.
    Pretty much. There are a few memorable moments such as:

+ Nemesis Enforcer pwning Snowjob's HAVOC with his bare hands. Awesomes.
    + The Trial of Cobra Commander
    + Duke's deathwounding scene.

This I command!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Oh I dont know the confrontation between Serpentor and CC was pretty good IMO.

"Inssssubstantiated fantasiesss, liessss, liiieeessssss" - Cobra Commander and then the rest is garbage
    Bah, I'm a comic CC fan, I have no love for the hissy fit Cobra comander of the cartoon, my CC is the despicable evil and clever villain from the comic, with his amazing grasp of the english language.

I also far prefer the confrontation between CC and Serpentor from the Devils Due comics, shortly before CC kicked Serpentor of a balcony.

CC "Ah you were engineered with such potential Serpentor.
    But you lack the most important DNA of all......

MINE."

Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime
    Pretty much. There are a few memorable moments such as:

+ Nemesis Enforcer pwning Snowjob's HAVOC with his bare hands. Awesomes.
    + The Trial of Cobra Commander
    + Duke's deathwounding scene.
    Granted that first fight scene with Cobra La was pretty impressive, the animation was decent to, had the movie had more of that and less SGT Slaughter maybe it would have been ok. Speaking of that fight I can't believe Snake Eyes got bitchslapped by a Cobra La guard, they should have given that Cobra La figure kung fu slap action or something. Ofcourse by the end of the movie the Joes are dealing with the elite guard with ease...somehow.

The trial of Cobra Commander never grabbed me, as I mentioned above the Cartoon CC is not my CC.

And the Snake through the heart!!!! Scene is memorable but not for positive reasons.

And as this has turned into a generic Gi Joe thread, just for the record, lets not forget that the Gi Joe cartoon did not end with the movie, well the Sunbow one did, but then Dic picked it up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCV00cXG7YE
    "Against the ruthless enemy" this time, wierd, though I do kinda like this intro by virtue of it featuring the toys which were out when I got into Gi Joe, the Hiss tank my be classic, but the Hiss 2 is just so much cooler.

CC "Ah you were engineered with such potential Serpentor.
    But you lack the most important DNA of all......

MINE."
    An excellent moment in comic history , The DDP Joe comics were great, im lucky enough to have them all from start to finish, if anyone needs incentive to get into GI Joe, I highly recommend reading it...All of it , especially the red shadow stuff!

The DIC series of GI Joe episodes is on of the worst cartoons in history.

From memory Falcon gets kicked off the Joe team for using drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    An excellent moment in comic history , The DDP Joe comics were great, im lucky enough to have them all from start to finish, if anyone needs incentive to get into GI Joe, I highly recommend reading it...All of it , especially the red shadow stuff!

The DIC series of GI Joe episodes is on of the worst cartoons in history.

From memory Falcon gets kicked off the Joe team for using drugs.
    I dunno, In my mind the DD series had some great moments and some crappy ones. I didn't dig the Red Shadows at all, they just felt like a trumped up from nowhere new super threat. Also the endless Scarlet Snake Eyes drama got a bit tedious to. I did really enjoy the Serpentor returns arc, as well as Union of the snake. And also they actualy manged to introduce a few new interesting characters, while developing some old ones. I still prefer the original though, and Special Missions.

I've seen very little of the Dic cartoons, and have little desire to see more. From my exposure they are pretty sad with things like Metal Heads auntie, although the original wasn't to far of with Snake Eyes dressing as Boy George. The Sunbow and Dic cartoons could well be called Dumb and Dumber.

I don't think I ever saw the Falcon hooked on drugs episode, but he was already a moron in the movie, so are we suprised?

i did like the new metal battle armour for Serpentor. One line from Cobra Commander that i liked goes like that he was saying how pathetic Serpentor is to die twice at the hands of the same man... ruthless!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

bowspearer Guest

At the risk of necromancing; I got drawn back into GIJOE with the ROC stuff going dirt cheap. Now I'm getting a USS Flagg (albeit incomplete- oh well, another project heh) as a 2nd Anniversary present from my girlfriend in just over a month- and to think I swore off collecting any more toy lines lol.

As far as Joe parodies go- very little beats this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGGbIuihyGw